L7 . Help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
In trunks I prefer subs face back. But it's all up to personal preference. Would it be a problem facing up? Not at all. It may sound better or worse facing other directions

subs sound better in my car facing upwards rather then backwards, its different for every car and setup. Just be sure you do some trunk deadening and layering everything with closed cell foam because facing upwards is really harsh with rear deck rattle.

Yea I'd figure I would have to sound deaden my trunk. Im looking at the AT Sound Deadner 60 mil 40 sq ft for 90. From my research that should be enough to do most of my car. if not all. One other thing that worries me is that the 6x9 are right on top of the sub. Anyways so should i just go ahead and mount the sub even though that enclosure has crack? I did put liquid nail all around the crack, but i don't know if that's gonna help.

disconnect the 6x9... the box will be fine (keep an eye on it tho, if you notice it gets worse get yourself a new box, or take it out and rein-enforce it

spot on bud, try how they sound from the headunit pwr connected with the sub going (this will put strain on the 6x9's when the bass kicks) then disconnect them and see what sounds better, don't forget to tape the loose connections

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.