KnuKonceptz RCA's

RCAs and wire make a difference but you need a real hifi setup to hear it. If you have several hours of prep work making the car as close to home theater as possible and drivers that will pick up every single nuance you can easily tell what cables are better. For the majority of us you won't know the difference. It comes down to the quality of the ends

If your install is done right. you wont need shielded Rcas. I run walmart rcas and my entire set up screams sound quality.
Just keep any and all power wires and any copper with a current in it, away from your rcas.

I've had your ESKs. Your SQ isn't all that.

says the guy with a vested interest in you buying from him instead.
Says the guy who actually knows what he's talking about is what I believe you meant to say.

They advertise their cables as shielded and twisted pair; they need to make their mind up on which they are. An RCA interconnect cannot be both. I'd assume the shield is connected and they're just another company bragging about their "twisted pair" cable when in fact twisted pair has absolutely no benefit unless it's being used correctly in a balanced line.

And the "foil" shield they tout as helping so much does not reject EMI, it rejects RFI (if it's even connected). That's fine for video frequencies because that's when RFI is a problem, but EMI is the culprit of noise in audio frequencies. Braided or twisted shields are needed to reject EMI, and the cables the OP asked about does not have one.

I think that's a one off experience. The wire is stiff because it's shielded well. I've had a bunch of Krystal RCAs, even use them for home audio, nothing ever came off.
To the op - most of the knu stuff is awesome, though I'd stick to the Krystal line for value/performance ration. Now their distribution blocks - those I don't like.
It is not shielded well and that is also not why it is stiff. Many shielded cables are very flexible including mine. The inflexibility is probably caused by the jacket of the cable

RCAs and wire make a difference but you need a real hifi setup to hear it. If you have several hours of prep work making the car as close to home theater as possible and drivers that will pick up every single nuance you can easily tell what cables are better. For the majority of us you won't know the difference. It comes down to the quality of the ends
While this is true, the quality of the ends should not matter so long as they make a good connection. You bring a good point up against cheap RCAs though as they often make a poor connection with the jack.

The most important factor in a single ended, unbalanced application (probably 95% or more of car audio amplifiers) is shielding. And I agree, you probably won't notice a difference unless 1. You have a Hifi system or 2. You have noise issues present

While this is true, the quality of the ends should not matter so long as they make a good connection. You bring a good point up against cheap RCAs though as they often make a poor connection with the jack.
The most important factor in a single ended, unbalanced application (probably 95% or more of car audio amplifiers) is shielding. And I agree, you probably won't notice a difference unless 1. You have a Hifi system or 2. You have noise issues present
Since my Kimber cables never came in because they didn't have what they said they had I'm about to have to get better cables. I have the Krystals in now and my setup is approaching hifi status. I can definitely tell a better cable is needed because my amp rack area is a mess of cables with no way to properly separate them.

Since my Kimber cables never came in because they didn't have what they said they had I'm about to have to get better cables. I have the Krystals in now and my setup is approaching hifi status. I can definitely tell a better cable is needed because my amp rack area is a mess of cables with no way to properly separate them.
Yep, a perfect example of needing shielded cables. Opponents of shielded cables say you can run crap cables away from power, ground, etc... But I think they forget that in almost every car you will be passing over multiple bundles of stock wiring, the body of the car, and in cases like yours other wires related to the install.

Yep, a perfect example of needing shielded cables. Opponents of shielded cables say you can run crap cables away from power, ground, etc... But I think they forget that in almost every car you will be passing over multiple bundles of stock wiring, the body of the car, and in cases like yours other wires related to the install.
In your opinion since you don't have .5-1m cables who should I be looking at? Willing to spend $100 per 2 channel, need 3 total

In your opinion since you don't have .5-1m cables who should I be looking at? Willing to spend $100 per 2 channel, need 3 total
We've got every length. Any from 6 inches to 50 feet we can make.

Obviously I'm a little biased, but I truly believe we produce some of, if not the best interconnects for car audio in our price range. Good enough that a certain vendor here copied our RCAs and put junk connectors on them :) But for the sake of being unbiased, Vampire wires used to make a nice cable that was relatively inexpensive, but it's been discontinued. I've got a few sets of them and you can see them pop up on eBay occasionally as well.

Since I'm sure whitedragon will delete this too, you can PM me any further questions about my cables. Apparently it's not ok to talk about your own company even in WTB threads or when someone specifically asks you.

Obviously I'm a little biased, but I truly believe we produce some of, if not the best interconnects for car audio in our price range. Good enough that a certain vendor here copied our RCAs and put junk connectors on them :) But for the sake of being unbiased, Vampire wires used to make a nice cable that was relatively inexpensive, but it's been discontinued. I've got a few sets of them and you can see them pop up on eBay occasionally as well.

Since I'm sure whitedragon will delete this too, you can PM me any further questions about my cables. Apparently it's not ok to talk about your own company even in WTB threads or when someone specifically asks you.
Pm me for 3 1m. Vampire was going to be my first choice

Says the guy who actually knows what he's talking about is what I believe you meant to say.
They advertise their cables as shielded and twisted pair; they need to make their mind up on which they are. An RCA interconnect cannot be both. I'd assume the shield is connected and they're just another company bragging about their "twisted pair" cable when in fact twisted pair has absolutely no benefit unless it's being used correctly in a balanced line.

And the "foil" shield they tout as helping so much does not reject EMI, it rejects RFI (if it's even connected). That's fine for video frequencies because that's when RFI is a problem, but EMI is the culprit of noise in audio frequencies. Braided or twisted shields are needed to reject EMI, and the cables the OP asked about does not have one.
no, friend, I actually said exactly what I meant to say. I promise, your ability to solder cheap ends onto cable and cover it in techflex (in custom lengths!!!!!!) hardly makes you an expert in the field.

you cannot, with a straight face, argue that your opinions on knu, and other brands are presented purely out of the goodness of your heart, with no thought in mind to your own personal gain.

in short: I meant what I said, not what you childishly tried to interpret it as, and further, youre a dbag for concerning yourself with the bashing of other brands. shows your character.

on the subject of knu rca cables.. not the best, not the worst. ive never had issues with em, when installed properly.

Nice subtle jab //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Whitedragon tends to do that. :shrug:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.