Knu vs sky high ofc

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
I currently have knukoncept power 0g ofc. But honestly I'm not really liking the jacket. It's extremely soft and it's slides down the wire very easily. Everytime I get the jacket nice and close to the terminal it ends up sliding down and exposing wire and grinding my gears. I have a chunk of jl wire here and I really like the thick heavy duty jacket. But f*ck JL crazy money prices.. how's the jacket on the Sky High. Any other recommendation

save money and buy welding cable unless you get a great deal on brand wiring

the jacket doesnt slide around for what its worth, and its really easy to strip with just sharp wire cutters

Or...look into GP. If it works out for your needs, support a company whos actually active here and has done many giveaways

[quote name='kr15']Or...look into GP. If it works out for your needs, support a company whos actually active here and has done many giveaways[/QUOTE]

you do know eb is a great usa company to support?
@adulbrich met one of their reps recruiting at ISU

not to rag on GP but theres A LOT of these car audio companies outsourcing products and simply marking up the product price to make a profit, or to get their name out there. im not knocking them for it, but supporting GP for being active on a forum (promoting their product, derp?) and giving away a small amount of product (more marketing and product promotion?!?) is far from a good reason

thats like paying an extra $100 for an alternator produced by an alternator manufacturer just because you bought it through a 3rd party vendor. none of the money goes back into the actual laborers pocket.

I currently have knukoncept power 0g ofc. But honestly I'm not really liking the jacket. It's extremely soft and it's slides down the wire very easily. Everytime I get the jacket nice and close to the terminal it ends up sliding down and exposing wire and grinding my gears. I have a chunk of jl wire here and I really like the thick heavy duty jacket. But f*ck JL crazy money prices.. how's the jacket on the Sky High. Any other recommendation
Are you using the Kolusses one?

Once of my power runs is Knu 1/0
Never had an issue any type of jacket sliding.

Could heat be a cause of this?
It's possible....wonder where the amp is mounted and how it's mounted that's causing the issue.

I care 0 about what wew lad said..... because I prefaced my post with an "or".... you know, just throwing it out as an option. I personally have like 60' of ebflex in my car.... but there are options other than Eb flex...and varied reasons to choose them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.