kinetik *****

dimming is caused by voltage drop not current loss... everyone knows that ( or should ) ( lights in a car are rated at 12 volts and ran on 13.8 or more due to the alternator voltage ) when you have your car running and the lights are on and you turn the car off your lights dim... as the voltage drops the lights get dimmer and dimmer...
batteries don't magically stop dimming but they do in most cases stop some of the voltage drop ( by as much as 1 volt in most cases...) and add tons of reserve current ( not to be confused with voltage) ...

any more ?'s
So current draw has nothing to do with voltage drop?... and when exactly do batteries begin to discharge this "tons of reserve current"?

to the OP I think you made a side grade, possibly down graded, going from Optima to Kinetik. But everyone has their own opinions.
isnt the 1800 a smaller batt than the optima? AH wise? i dont know for sure. just a possible point. but i stillt hink all he needs is a 2nd batt and the big 3.

1800 are weak.. the 2000 are right at 100 AH .. and they are pretty weak the dekas are a ahir better then the 2000.. reguardless thats not alot fo strain.. and someone posted earlier about your car using 60-80% of your power supplied by your alternator.. thats complete bs.. more like 40-60...

then you figure int he efficiency of the amp and figure how many watts its actually producing and a batt or MAYBE 2 shouold have no problem whatsoever keeping up

Why do you guys keep bitching about his stock alternator being big enough? If it can't keep one battery charged it's not gonna keep up with two. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Why do you guys keep bitching about his stock alternator being big enough? If it can't keep one battery charged it's not gonna keep up with two. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
says the guy who has never installed a system. like i said. when you get some real world experience you can help someone out. not just regurgitating what you have read in a forum.. have you had reguilar alts, rewound alts? ho alts? multiple ho alts? then dont try to say what he needs if you have not experienced with all and know what they all can do

says the guy who has never installed a system. like i said. when you get some real world experience you can help someone out. not just regurgitating what you have read in a forum.. have you had reguilar alts, rewound alts? ho alts? multiple ho alts? then dont try to say what he needs if you have not experienced with all and know what they all can do
I have still yet to see you post something helpful & useful to this forum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Ive got scores that go back beofre you were legally able to drive. I have spent more on MDF in the last year then you will ever spend on prefab boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Ive got scores that go back beofre you were legally able to drive. I have spent more on MDF in the last year then you will ever spend on prefab boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
still nothing useful...

can i use this as my sig? i peed a little laughing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

robertoyoung08

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
robertoyoung08
bay area, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date