Killing, then rebuilding my Stroker Pro PICS

WoogieBoogie
10+ year member

So I somehow cracked the plastic dustcap on my Stroker Pro 12 awhile back (Maybe during install I dropped a drill on it who knows it was 100+ degrees and I was dehydrated) But anyway I called CV! and they sent me a recone kit. I never done a recone before nor even pics of it. I gotta say, the sub was definitely made for easy recones for competitions, Although I'd never want to do it again simply for the tension of possibly screwing something up and ruining a varrry expensive sub. Plus this thing is as heavy as a stove so working on it is a workout. I was very impressed on the pure beastliness of the assembly, I think it could take a direct hit from a heavy artillery shell.

Compression ring off...

b.jpg

Bottom spider exposed

c.jpg

Cutting into the cone/top spider

d.jpg

Side view of tuning tube

e.jpg

One hefty cone

f.jpg

Slightly cooked 4" voice coil

g.jpg

New one vs old one

h.jpg

Just gotta rip out that honkin' tuning tube

i.jpg

Centering pins installed, more like shish-ka-bobs

j.jpg

Good as new

k.jpg

How do you adjust that tuning dial thingamabobber.
The sub comes with a long tool to adjust a keybolt inside the cooling duct in the middle of the back of the sub that offsets the spiders, by default it's set for SQ (well about as much SQ u can get out of a stroker anyway) You can adjust it by a few cm up/down for deeper bass or louder SPL for competitions but it sounds like poop for music. I haven't messed with it personally but I heard from the grape vine that you can get some major boom boom by offsetting this. ill up a pic of the tool when I get a chance.

Now make top hat out of old cone and place on baby. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I So would of but CV! made me mail it to them before they sent me the new cone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.