Kicker vs MTX

That MTX Terminator package actually look pretty good especially when it's just a bit over $200 shipped, so for that little extra you can have new-in-the-box stuff.

Kicker is NOT bad, their square subs don't have the best sound quality but competitors have been pounding out 165+ dB with Kicker subs long before all the smaller brands became popular. Do remember that Alma Gates had 48 10" L7s in her Bronco and won world records a few years ago. Are they overpriced? Yeah... but so are Gucci and Cristal. Their older round subs have better SQ, their newer subs all look weird and just doesn't have that warm Kicker kick to it anymore, but that doesn't mean it can't sound good in the right box(this is where custom-built comes into play).

The Kicker Solo-X is a BEAST. Don't care what people say how it sounds bad, overpriced, ugly, blah blah blah... I played with it and I'm totally impressed.

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

The specs on the Fi X12 listed here https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c9ab42ade990/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0045_X/product_overview.shopscript are extremely good for the price, I would not pass it up if I was in the market for a budget 12" sub!! Most regular joes won't know of these smaller brands listed here because the bigger names like Kicker MTX are shoved down their throats through marketing and simply because it's all they see at a lot of retail stores.
Listen to these dudes, they know there stuff.
If i were to buy 2 of those subs what would be a good amp to go with it?

If i were to buy 2 of those subs what would be a good amp to go with it?
I don't know how much power they're rated for, but I would take a guess at maybe around 400w rms each. A good bang for the buck amp would be an eD Nine.1 mono amp Elemental Designs: Car Stereo, Home Speakers, Electronics They have a special deal going on for them pricing it at $250 which is a **** good deal for a 1500w @ 1ohm amp. You can get two of those subs with a single 4ohm voice coil, wire the terminals on either sub to eachother for 2ohm load off the amp so they'll get up to 450 each (actually a little more than that since the amp is under-rated but I'm sure the Fi subs can handle it). It's rated 900w rms at 2ohm.

Subs and amps are so subjective. The best thing to do is take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt and go to some speciality stores and listen to the subs that appeal to you. The people on this forum know their stuff however your ears and pockets are the best judges of them all.

The way subs will perform depends so much on the box as well. I am surprised that no mention has been made of that. No subs no matter how well built they are will sound good if the box is crappy. A properly built box with 1 sub can easily outdo a box with 2 subs. Is the box going to be ported or sealed. There are so many variables. Try to find a speciality store if you could to get good advice.

I don't know how much power they're rated for, but I would take a guess at maybe around 400w rms each. A good bang for the buck amp would be an eD Nine.1 mono amp Elemental Designs: Car Stereo, Home Speakers, Electronics They have a special deal going on for them pricing it at $250 which is a **** good deal for a 1500w @ 1ohm amp. You can get two of those subs with a single 4ohm voice coil, wire the terminals on either sub to eachother for 2ohm load off the amp so they'll get up to 450 each (actually a little more than that since the amp is under-rated but I'm sure the Fi subs can handle it). It's rated 900w rms at 2ohm.
I think im going to do that. Ill have to wait a little bit longer to get enough money but i think it'll be more worth it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.