Kicker vs MTX

KozSkiM004

N.Y.
So im pretty new to the whole car audio and don't know much. Right now i just have 2-10" visoniks in my car that i got for free and i want something that will hit harder. My buddy has 2-12" kicker comps (older ones, not the new ones) with the matching amp that he will sell to me for $175. should i go for that or get the MTX terminator package?

2-12" kicker subs w/amp Kicker Comp Series C128 12" 150W RMS 8 Ohm Car Subwoofer

VS

MTX package- MTX TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofer Box with Amplifier

Im not trying to spend a lot of money on subs right now and dont know much about car audio. I dont have alot of cash and im just looking to get something that will hit better than the crap from pepboys that all my friends have. Basically i just want to get subs and an amp without going over like $250 that wont sound like garbage.

is it just me, or does everyone on this forum seem to only recommend brands you can't get in stores.
u can buy computers at stores, but u can buy the parts off the net, put it together urself and get x2 the computer for the same $ or build the same computer for cheaper than in store.

you tell me which makes more sense.

u can buy computers at stores, but u can buy the parts off the net, put it together urself and get x2 the computer for the same $ or build the same computer for cheaper than in store.
I like your analogy.

In short, there are very many good brands on the internet. The ones sold in most stores (like Best Buy, Electronic Express, etc.) are usually overpriced and of lesser quality.

I'm not saying that these brands "you guys" recommend aren't good. It can't just be about the price, because I've seen JL Audio subs onlline, with she same specs as the brands you guys recommend for lower prices. I'm not a brand junky, but it's hard for some people to just accept because some screen name on the internet with 2,000 post said "Kicker is junk, buy this brand you've never heard or seen before and you'll be happier."

The specs on the Fi X12 listed here https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c9ab42ade990/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0045_X/product_overview.shopscript are extremely good for the price, I would not pass it up if I was in the market for a budget 12" sub!! Most regular joes won't know of these smaller brands listed here because the bigger names like Kicker MTX are shoved down their throats through marketing and simply because it's all they see at a lot of retail stores.

Listen to these dudes, they know there stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.