Kicker v Re audio

I wish I could get 4 15s for $300. $300 per sub dont b sensitive.
I was going to put a high ouput alternator about 60 - 70 additional amperage & 2 yellow tops. 1 for the car 1 for the setup. Y? Is that not enough?

Brah, I did a search. Didn't find nothing to answer my question.

Ty for the post every1.
definatly put in that new alt. b4 you put all that power in. do the big 3 at the same time. if you dont know what that is just do a search. tons of info on that.

my vote is on the SX too. im looking for 2 of those rite now for my new setup.

sx hands down.

you'll want at least 2 yellow tops in the back (more the better) and leave the stock battery up front. get an HO alty that does at LEAST 200amps, 250amps preferably. do 2 runs of 1/0. 1 pos 1 neg. the neg run grounding to the chasis of the alty. 8awg speaker wire all around. with a dedicated neg run of 1/0, no need for big 3.

tuning anywhere from 32-35Hz is my fav. excellent blend of lows along with solid upper level notes. if you do things right this will make for a great setup.

sx hands down.

you'll want at least 2 yellow tops in the back (more the better) and leave the stock battery up front. get an HO alty that does at LEAST 200amps, 250amps preferably. do 2 runs of 1/0. 1 pos 1 neg. the neg run grounding to the chasis of the alty. 8awg speaker wire all around. with a dedicated neg run of 1/0, no need for big 3.

tuning anywhere from 32-35Hz is my fav. excellent blend of lows along with solid upper level notes. if you do things right this will make for a great setup.
I agree 100% Get that HO alt, do your big three, get some batts in rear to support that power. Right now i have 2 SX's and am thinking about picking up another pair to wall 4 of 2 Hifonics Hercs lil over 1k to each SX.

Yo ty for all the sopport so far every1.

I forgot to list I will of course do the big 3.

Any1 know where I can get a quality 250amp alternator for a good price?

From my knowledge on baterries is if you add a battery in the back you have to upgrade the stock battery too,

Do u think I can achieve my electical goals with 1 yellow top up front and 1 yellow top in the back, w/ a 250amp alternator, and the big 3?

If I do need 2 batts in the back, will this add strain to the alternator?

Yo ty for all the sopport so far every1.
I forgot to list I will of course do the big 3.

Any1 know where I can get a quality 250amp alternator for a good price?

From my knowledge on baterries is if you add a battery in the back you have to upgrade the stock battery too,

Do u think I can achieve my electical goals with 1 yellow top up front and 1 yellow top in the back, w/ a 250amp alternator, and the big 3?

If I do need 2 batts in the back, will this add strain to the alternator?
For an alt I would contact MECHMAN. (mechman.com) He's the newest alt forum boner.

Having 2 batteries in the back won't add strain to the alternator. Obviously it will be a bigger load, but the alt can take it.

What kind of car do you have?

For an alt I would contact MECHMAN. (mechman.com) He's the newest alt forum boner.
Having 2 batteries in the back won't add strain to the alternator. Obviously it will be a bigger load, but the alt can take it.

Dodge magnum.

I know i'm going to need an isolator, but how do I successfully hook up a multiple batt install?

Daisy chain?

I think there is 2 ways.

1. The system draws initally from 1 battery and if it needs the additional it will draw from the other.

2. The system draws simtaneously from both.

What about a red top for the car & a powermaster d3100 in the back for the setup?

Will a single powermaster do it?

I'm more secure with optima bcuz thats all I have used in the past, but this system is going to draw alot of juice.

I want to do it right.

What will be the better supplier?

I know i'm going to need an isolator, but how do I successfully hook up a multiple batt install?Daisy chain?

I think there is 2 ways.

1. The system draws initally from 1 battery and if it needs the additional it will draw from the other.

2. The system draws simtaneously from both.
Well you can wire them together directly (dont forget fusing for long runs), in which case all the batteries combined act like one large battery, basically. Or you can wire an isolator/relay between the front and rear batts so that when the ignition is off, the connection between the front and rear batts is severed. This allows you to run your stereo with the engine off without worry of running your engine-starting battery dead in the process. Even if you run your rear batts dead with the stereo, the front batt is unaffected and will restart the engine and begin the charging process.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.