ap0091
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im looking to purchase a few new things for my car

AMP:

KICKER ZX750.1 CAR AUDIO 750W CLASS D SUB AMP AMPLIFIER | eBay

SUB:

NEW! KICKER CVX12 12" Car Subwoofer Comp VX Audio Sub | eBay

The only problem i Have is which box should i use?

Ported?? Sealed??

I have a 2012 Volkswagen CC and had a Kicker ZX400.1 and a KICKER CVT12 (400W) in my trunk and it did NOTHING.. inside the car it pounded, but when i put the sub in the trunk it was garbage, couldnt even hear it.. But it was in a truck enclosure box..

Please help me out on the box situation.

Thanks

Love the amp man.. The ZX amps are birthed around 900 watts. Clean and efficent.

Nothing wrong with the CVX for the money. But to get the most out of that driver you cant get a prefab. Those subs drop low and most prefabs are tuned to high.

Im not set on kicker for the sub, just need to be in that range and get me that much power.

I dont know how to build a box so can someone show me one online thats already pre-built, thanks!!

I don't think you will find a "pre-build" enclosure online that to many people really trust. Best bet is if you can not build one is to have one built for you. Normally works a lot better that way to get the most out of what you buy.

ahh okay, ill check around at local car shops

I just purchased the Kicker 08ZX750.1

now i need to purchase a subwoofer.. should i Do 1 12, or 2 12's???? if i go 2 12 they probably gonna be 400wrms each

With only one 750 might as well just get one 12, however if you want to get two and you decide you want more bass; then later on all you have to do is upgrade your amp setup.

actually, can yall help me and tell me what would be the best subs to run around $175 or less

either 1 12 or 15

or 2 12's

If you are trying to stay under $175 shipped as a total not a lot really. Your choice for a CVX is not that bad really...maybe a skar but I think it is more then that after shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.