Kicker dpk8 with a kenwood KAC-6104d

Participant count
  • Participant list

RokintypeRs
10+ year member

Missouri
Hey Im new here so If I sound like I am a complete newb, please understand I dont know much about audio systems or how to use this site. I got 2 12" Kicker Comp series subwoofers around march of 2010. the amplifier they gave me was a kenwood kac-6104d 600w max with 300w rms. over time I got aftermarket speakers (2 6x9 alpine type s blowproof, and 2 6 1/2 alpine type r with external Kicker amplifer running at 200w rms), and I got a head unit, (dont know the actual name all I know is its a kenwood with built in bluetooth). I just got a capacitor because my headlights started dimming. the capacitor is a Rockford Fosgate 1 farad cap, and i got it around november of 2010, so a month ago lol. I just got a 5 farad capacitor because that one didnt do much, except for boost the sound, and i dont want to have my headlights dim or my alternator break. I just recently got into a car accident about 3 weeks ago and before it went into the shop I took everything out, subwoofers, amp, and wiring (not head unit or speakers and I didnt do it myself I had a friend do it). My friend told me the reason why my capacitor wasnt working was because the guy who installed it cross-braided the wires or something like that and he said that it would cause interference. is this true first of all? and he said to get new wiring and have them install it right. so i just ordered this 5 farad cap and its supposed to come in around the 27 of december and I got new wiring. the wiring is a kicker dpk8. I noticed when I bought it the max power was 400w. the amplifier I have for my kickers is 600w max and the 5 farad cap i have no idea what the max power is. Is this wiring the right choice to power this cap and amp? does the max power deal with continuous power aka rms? or is it true max power? I need to know so I can take it back if I have to thanks!

in case you all are wondering, the dpk8 wiring kit is 8 AWG and the max power is 400w, and I am wondering if this is the max power or the rms handling wattage? I mean the wiring I got to my woofers is 8 AWG RF. the wiring looks about the same size as my RF wiring, but the box says 400w max. is this rms handling or actual wattage maximum power?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.