Kicker, Alpine, Focal or Ground zero speaker for sound quality?

i have the below amp
View attachment 40699

its powering 4 pioneer speaker model 1675v2 which runs within 35 Hz to 20 kHz. ive set HPF on the amp. so, where should i set the frequency knob?
Didn't we already answer this.

80-100 is normal if 80hz makes them sound bad start going up

There is a reason that amp has 80 and 125hz marked it's common crossover points

Every speaker plays different in different environments. This is why install is so much more important than the cost of the speaker.

Already have a dual sub in the trunk.
Its a mazda 3 sedan.
already have 4 coaxial speakers in the 4 doors.
have 2 tweeters in the dash board and 2 behind the back seat.
all speakers are and will be powered by a 4-channel pioneer amp of 100 watt RMS each.

"""a $200 set of comps can sound just as good as a $2000 set of comps if the install is proper""". i dont think so as many expensive speaker means higher end and higher quality. dont think a 200$ infinity/focal/alpine/hertz speaker will sound as great as their upper lines which cost 2000$ +. or even a 200$ kenwood will sound as great as a 2000$ JBL

I'm literally running a $2000+ set of Hertz 3-way comps on a $1200+ DSP amp, I'm not talking out my ass...

Your HPF setting will depend greatly on what size speaker you are running, how much power they are getting, and the install.

I have my 6.5" MIDBASS drivers HP at 60hz and LP at 350hz. My 3" MIDRANGE drivers are HP at 380hz and LP at 4000hz, and my tweeters are HP at 4200hz.

If you don't have deadened and sealed doors, setting your HP below about 100 is mostly useless and can lead to damage. If you are running 6x9 speakers they generally tolerate a HP of 80hz with no issues.

The pioneer speakers you listed will not do well playing below 100hz on anything more than 20w or so.

You are also wiring 8 speakers to a 4ch amp, so unless you are running a the left doors on ch1, right doors on ch2, left tweeters on ch3, and right tweeters on ch4 you are going to have problems.

I'm trying to help you, either accept the advice and learn why or go blow money and don't care about learning. Your choice

Matt

I'm literally running a $2000+ set of Hertz 3-way comps on a $1200+ DSP amp, I'm not talking out my ass...

Your HPF setting will depend greatly on what size speaker you are running, how much power they are getting, and the install.

I have my 6.5" MIDBASS drivers HP at 60hz and LP at 350hz. My 3" MIDRANGE drivers are HP at 380hz and LP at 4000hz, and my tweeters are HP at 4200hz.

If you don't have deadened and sealed doors, setting your HP below about 100 is mostly useless and can lead to damage. If you are running 6x9 speakers they generally tolerate a HP of 80hz with no issues.

The pioneer speakers you listed will not do well playing below 100hz on anything more than 20w or so.

You are also wiring 8 speakers to a 4ch amp, so unless you are running a the left doors on ch1, right doors on ch2, left tweeters on ch3, and right tweeters on ch4 you are going to have problems.

I'm trying to help you, either accept the advice and learn why or go blow money and don't care about learning. Your choice

Matt
am actually learning. thats why i've posted soooo many queries/questions.

am actually learning. thats why i've posted soooo many queries/questions.

OK, so start asking questions about how to properly install a speaker into a door, how to make sure speakers are wired correctly, how to improve the sound of the speakers you already have. You have plenty of speakers in your car, you would probably be better off getting a second amp instead of different speakers.

What model are the coaxial speakers and tweeters you have now? What model is your amp? Do you have a headunit or are you using a converter and factory radio? What kind of subs are you running and what sub amp?

There are much simpler and more effective ways to improve the performance of your stereo that don't cost any money.

Matt

Matt
I want to hear your car 😉
What amp do you use?

I want to hear your car 😉
What amp do you use?

I'm running an audison APF8.9 bit. At the moment I only have the tweeters, midrange, and stage amp installed. Here soon I should have the new midbass(est arrival is the 23rd) and I can put the car back together, but the substage is a long way from being final.

Ur not too far from me. Once it's close to complete I'll gladly give you a demo.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...