kicker 750.1, work with kicker cvr10

hondaracer48
10+ year member

texas
Right now I have a cvr 10 an my amp is getting very hot an i found a guy on Craigslist selling a 750.1 an he said he wld give it to me for 180 bucks. Will this amp work with my sub its a dual 2 ohm. an in a month or two i do plan on buying one more cvr.

Yes 400rms , I have a sealed custom box under my back seat in extended cab truck. Speaker is dual 2 ohm but I only have one cvr so I don't know if the amp will run a 4ohm an if it will bang

That amp will work great with the CVR at 4 ohm. Kicker 750.1's as well as other Kicker amps are underrated. The 750.1 is probably good for around 900ish @ 2 ohm. At 4 ohm I would say it's good for 400 or so. I would however try to get it cheaper. A new one can be had around 250 bucks now.

That amp will work great with the CVR at 4 ohm. Kicker 750.1's as well as other Kicker amps are underrated. The 750.1 is probably good for around 900ish @ 2 ohm. At 4 ohm I would say it's good for 400 or so. I would however try to get it cheaper. A new one can be had around 250 bucks now.
Yeah I got a KX600 that I run my 8" With and a DX1000 that I run my comps with, so much power. They are rated 150RMS and i had 2 wired at 2 ohm total. Burnt the voice coils out.

How did you have the coils wired to the sub, series or parallel? Series will get you 4 Ohms, Parallel will get you 1 ohm. If that amp wasn't 1 ohm stable and you had it wired at 1 ohm that could have been why it was getting hot. But wiring the loads (subs) Below the amp's stability rating, you can blow it up. (Made that mistake before)

Right now I have a cvr 10 an my amp is getting very hot an i found a guy on Craigslist selling a 750.1 an he said he wld give it to me for 180 bucks. Will this amp work with my sub its a dual 2 ohm. an in a month or two i do plan on buying one more cvr.

I have it wired one postive an one negative terminals are together than the left over pos. An neg. Ran to the amp bridged. I'm not sure if there 2 terminals I wired together are the ones with the dot on it. Does this really matter? An ya I'm tryin to get for 150. But he isnt nudging lol

I have it wired one postive an one negative terminals are together than the left over pos. An neg. Ran to the amp bridged. I'm not sure if there 2 terminals I wired together are the ones with the dot on it. Does this really matter? An ya I'm tryin to get for 150. But he isnt nudging lol
I mean 180 isn't terrible. It'd pay it if I really needed it. I got my first zx750 for like 175 and my 2nd one for 100.

I mean 180 isn't terrible. It'd pay it if I really needed it. I got my first zx750 for like 175 and my 2nd one for 100.
Yeah 150 is a better price. I've had a 750.1 in the past and sold it a couple years ago. I shouldn't have. Regretted it ever since. They pop up on Craigslist once in a while for 120 bucks or so. You gotta be quick though cause they go fast! And OP don't run that amp at 1 ohm. They'll do it for a while but the ZX's are 2 ohm stable and shouldn't be ran at 1 ohm. Besides that's a good way to blow up the CVR and the amp.

Yeah 150 is a better price. I've had a 750.1 in the past and sold it a couple years ago. I shouldn't have. Regretted it ever since. They pop up on Craigslist once in a while for 120 bucks or so. You gotta be quick though cause they go fast! And OP don't run that amp at 1 ohm. They'll do it for a while but the ZX's are 2 ohm stable and shouldn't be ran at 1 ohm. Besides that's a good way to blow up the CVR and the amp.
Yup I regret selling my kicker 750s too. Whenever I need a new mono amp ill prob round up another

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.