Kick panels vs door panels

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeremy11

So I have a 98 civic. I had to replace the weatherstripping on the drivers door and in the process of the repair the plastic began to crack. Looking into it this is a common issue for this car and one that’s not readily repaired. Which brings in my question, can I get kick panels housing a 6.5 to sound good? I think if I try to treat the doors that the panels will become unusable through the process. I would like to keep the car nice cosmetically as it’s low mileage. Thanks for your input.

If you can find good kick panel speakers, they will work. However, the sound would probably be better if they were mounted to something more rigid than a plastic kick panel.

Something like this may work - made by Key Logic.
6 1/2″ Custom Speaker Kick Panel

When you use tweeters in the kick panels though a great location ..driver and passenger legs are bad about blocking the highs from reaching center properly ... that's why a lot of really high end SQ cars goto the A pillars with pods ... kicks are still good for midbass as long as they dont interfere with the emergency brakes or seating comfort.

i wouldnt do kick panels, not much breathing room for the mid and your legs will block the tweeters sound

heres how i did mine. the mids in the stock location below the tweeter...

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.