Lc2i rear speaker wiring confusion

Participant count
  • Participants list

jlund10

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
Trying to get an idea of the best way to install my Lc2i line output converter in my 2015 nissan sentra. I'm planning on using the rear speaker deck since it's nearby where I want to have my sub, only problem is I still have a few wiring questions

1. As you can probably see the speaker wires I would be splicing into are really thin. Guy at my local car shop told me to do the following: use a razor to carefully remove a 1/2" section of rubber around the wire, then twist the new wire I'd use for the Lc2i speaker inputs around the exposed wire, then solder and tape.
would this work? seems risky to me considering how thin the wire is and that this is my first install

2. I was wondering if it would be possible to solder the wire for the Lc2i inputs directly onto the top of the thin metal plates of the factory speakers.
I'm not sure what these are called so here's a picture

3. I've also heard rear speakers are sometimes a bad place to tap into due to factory crossovers cutting off bass. Is it possible to test for crossovers before I attempt to install this?

really underestimated the difficulty of this project when I bought parts lol, at least I have plenty of time to figure things out

You should be able to solder the wire to the metal tabs (speaker terminals) if you are careful. Another option is stripping back the black covering and use T-Taps for your connection.

Can't address the crossover issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.