Kick panel enclosures, how difficult is it to make them myself?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just found out Q-logic makes a universal model for 6" drivers, but for some reason the largest diameter they'll accept is 6 1/8". I don't understand why they wouldn't make them in a size that would fit most 6.5" drivers. Mine measure 6.52" so they wouldn't fit in these. Bummer.

they would be kinda difficult to make without any previous glass experience and yes , they would probably cost an arm and a leg if they were custom made for you.

You just have to weigh the cost on what it's worth to you

ok, here what u do. buy q forms that fit ur car not the universal ones. buy fiberglass and deadener if u please.

2 things are bad about q forms.

1. they are hollow

2. they are not extremly reinforced, somewhat flimsy.

solutions.

1. depending on how good of a fit the q forms fit to ur kicks and whatnot, u may be able to get away with just adding poly fill / acoustic stuffing and u dont have to worry about it being hollow.

or you could create a back section for it using fiberglass. i think ud probably want a pod since ur dropping a 6" driver in there not a 4" like me.

2. due to the kick panel being somewhat flimsy, u can do a few things, i prefer two. reinforce the hell out of them with deadener and or fiberglass. a couple layers of both work quite well.

also u can attach a mdf baffle to the back of the mold where ur suppose to attach the driver.

Hope this helps for others................

but....... u have a problem...... soooo id recommend u look around for fiberglass how to's when making kick panels, i personally have not done this, however, i feel it be a good learning experience to possibly open up options in future for sub enclosures, another try at kick panels, door pods etc....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.