Kevlar Speakers.... ?

Bigboibbp

ok so i will admit that i am very new to this... i am a dj not an automotive sound engineer... that being said i work with pro audio, and my opinion on the best pro audio speakers have to be kevlar speakers, so i was wondering how good kevlar speakers are for automotive purposes.

and if they are as good as in pro audio... then can someone reccommend some good kevlar speakers. (kevlar woven not reinforced)

im not looking for any subwoofers, and im not looking to spend an outrageous amount on speakers, im looking at spending about $1,000 on my whole project.

so what are your reccomendations and if you dont like kevlar, what is the best cone material for cars?

Cone material alone does not determine a speaker's quality. It's just a small part of a big picture. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As poonamt93 said, cone material does not determine speaker quality. But just to answer you question, kevlar is only good if you are going to do high spl competitions. Dont get me wrong, they can be used for every day listening, however, kevlar/paper cone mixed or paper cone has a more natural sound to it. It kevlar/paper cone or paper cone, in my opinion sounds much better than a pure kevlar cone sub. Now the only company right now that I know of that makes a pure kevlar cone is digital designs. There kevlar coned subs, in the right tuned box sounds good. But still there paper cones sound much cleaner.

I personally like CDT audio they have great clarity & are in your price range-I am running Rainbow components right now.They are they best speakers I have personally ever heard - excellent midbass & clear mids/highs. For the best bargain check out the classifieds -I cant think of any good reason to pay retail when they are people selling used (read already broken in) sets for a good price -also read product reviews for more specific input.

I personally like CDT audio they have great clarity & are in your price range-I am running Rainbow components right now.They are they best speakers I have personally ever heard - excellent midbass & clear mids/highs. For the best bargain check out the classifieds -I cant think of any good reason to pay retail when they are people selling used (read already broken in) sets for a good price -also read product reviews for more specific input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.