Review of Head Unit:

KDC-X794.jpg

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794

• 3 sets 4 volt pre-amps
  • i-pod control, usb, 3.5 mm AUX all rear connects
  • 22 watts RMS
  • Bluetooth, HD Radio & XM/Sirius Satellite Radio Ready
  • Digital Sound Processing & 3 band graphic EQ

After about 3 months of daily use, I have come to really love this headunit!! This single DIN size head unit has many advanced features that amplifies your listening experience. The menu navigation takes a little exploration to completely familirize yourself to the unit, but the controls are pretty intuative especially the ipod navigation. AM/FM radio, CD, ipod, USB, WMA,AAC,MP3 are all standard sources with the KDC-X794. The best feature of this head unit is defintely the digital sound processing! Pre-set listening positions for an RTA as well as adjustable positioning are there. Highway sound, bass boost, adjustable crossovers for each off the 3 pre-amp outs, subwoofer level control, dual listening areas for two different sources operating simultaneously and your other standard EQ features are all easily accesible and powerfull modification tools that this head unit has. The display is adjustable as far as number of lines and either black/white, positive/negative, choices. If you are looking for a mid to high-end SQ head unit, the Kenwood KDC-X794 is an excellent choice! I purchased mine brand new through Amazon for $200 including shipping, but now that the 2011 models have comeout, you can find one for $150 no problem. The only cons that I have found with the unit are that it doesn't have bluetooth built in and the expansion packs (HD, XM, Bluetooth) are a bit pricey compared to other brands' add-ons. A black cloth with drawstring case and remote are included with the unit along with a disc version of owner's manual in pdf format which is nice. Overall I would rate the Kenwood KDC-X794 a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

phrostbyte0311

10+ year member
USMC Veteran
phrostbyte0311
Modesto, Nor Cal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied