Kenwood DDX812 - ipod vs tuner volume

jush
10+ year member

I was hoping that you guys who own or know about the Kenwood DDX812 can help me out. Is the volume almost the same when you go between the ipod and tuner? The reason that I ask is that my ipod volume is way softer then the tuner. Just to get an idea, when I listen to the ipod at number 20 on the volume, it is equal to about number 11 when I listen to the tuner. I just got the DDX812 less then a week ago so I am getting used to all the different features. I use to have a Pioneer FH-P800BT HU and I never had a problem with the volume being so drastically different. Any help or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I was looking for something that could match the volumes, but couldn't find anything. My Pioneer HU has a SLA adjustment, but I don't think the Kenwood has one. I will also check my ipod to see the recording levels. Any more suggestions? Thanks.

yeah it has it on there,you have to go to the set up menu i belive
ive seen it on there numerous times
I tried looking for that adjustment level in the setup menu. Even the installer and someone who knows alot about Kenwood products said there was no sound adjustment level for the DDX812. Would you mind explaining how to get to the sound adjustment level? Has anyone experience this problem with the sound levels between the iPod and the tuner also? Do you guys think I have a defective HU? Thanks.

In the "Audio Control" menu, Page 2, Vol Offset control (2nd from the bottom). Page 92 in the manual (download it from kenwoodusa.com if you don't have it)

I have to use the volume offset on my DDX812 to drop everything down but the DVD....same issue I had with my 6019, DVD volume is way lower in output than other sources

I have to use the volume offset on my DDX812 to drop everything down but the DVD....same issue I had with my 6019, DVD volume is way lower in output than other sources
Is this a Kenwood thing? I have a (now ancient) DDX7015 and the DVD is way lower than all other inputs. I thought maybe it was trying to process DD5.1 from the signal or something and that's why it was so soft but happens even on regular CDs. Meh, who knows. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.