keeping my system

acura cl
10+ year member

miami
hey i was wondering whats the less stealable or jackable box to put my subs and amp in??? like is fiberglass good and harder to steal? or all the same? and what are some of the things i can do to help like make it less stealable, or take more time to steal, any help will do, and no i dont mean by putting an alarm,i mean like when im installing what else can i do to help keep it in my trunk, instead of someone elses....

thanks

I would go with what ever box material you would like.

Something I have done in the past is to fasten the box and amps to the trunk floor with "L" brackets and use a screw or bolt that would require something more than a wrench or a flat-head or phillips.

I used screws that required a square headed screw driver. but there are other styles out there. ( hex, allen,.....)

Or you could build the system 'inside' your vehicle. Meaning you would fabricate the enclosure, amp rack, and whatever else you wanted to the exact measurements for your trunk space. It is a lot harder but it would make stealing the system very time consuming. The best way for someone not to steal it is to not to be able to remove it. The 'L bracket and other screws' post is also a deterrent but it is easier to remove than if the whole enclosure is a part of the car! Use your imagination and get creative with it. Once you have the system designed and installed you still might want to get something to slow down stealing the whole vehicle though! Good luck~//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i have one of those lowjacks in my sub box. i also bolted the box down from the inside. i drilld out 2 1/2" holes and used 2 1/2" bolts. the use a crap load of silacone and some of that foam stuff from home depot to keep it from losing and air through the bolt holes. the bolt end on the out side is the rounded/flat side. the only way to get my box out, is by removing the subs first. the subs r in there with 5" wood sreews that have a hex-star shaped head that i have coverd with soder. i takes me over an hour to remove my system, and thats WITH power tools! my radio in a pioneer with the built in DFS alarm that plays really loud high pitch sounds though my tweeters and mids. i have a clerion alarm in my hatch, and another one under my hood. i have a kill switch for my fule pump and my alarm is hooked up to my cars computer. (kill switches r NO GOOD if hooked up to the ignition. (all that dose is keep them from using your key hole(with most thefes dont use n e ways)).

i hoped i helped you out a little

if you can get into your car 1 way, then there is like 5 other ways somone else can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.