keepin my voltage up!!!!!!!

alerotdx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
iowa
im pushin one 12' dmx with two massive p.3000 amps. the amps r being powered by 2 optima red top batteries, currently a stock alternator and a 18 farad cap. to really push the twelve ive been having to rev the engine to keep my amps from clipping out, and as u all know thats not an option in a street beat comp. hit me up w some suggestions!!! thanx

More batteries (I'd suggest some xs power D3100's or large batteries of the sort), upgrade wiring (go overboard), lose the cap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif...

with the current setup i was able to hit a 149.7 w the one 12 in my trunk. i was thinkin possibly running a second run of power wire from the front battery to the rear. and then rippin out the stock wire going from the alternator to the main battery and replacin it w some 0 gage. could a line driver help at all also??

i drive an alero. . i have about 4 cubic feet worth of box not counting the port and baffle and sub. very large box. . not much room to fit another battery. . and those p 3000s are quite power hungry. what will losing the cap do for me?

i drive an alero. . i have about 4 cubic feet worth of box not counting the port and baffle and sub. very large box. . not much room to fit another battery. . and those p 3000s are quite power hungry. what will losing the cap do for me?
eliminate something useless thats just putting a draw on the electrical system

so ur sayin just add another run of wire to the current one. . that shouldnt be to hard. im lookin at alternators also. . .know of any good high performance ones out there?

I dont have much room either...but a spare-tire well is pretty handy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

also red tops arent the best choice in batteries, maybe ok for under the hood but thats it. I would atleast get yellow tops. There are alot of other brands also. You need some deep cycle or AGM batteries in the back.

ya, its what i have to work with at the moment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.