Keep Losing Sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

WlkThruMyMind

I just recently purchased and my Uncle installed a Pioneer DEH-S5000BT head unit into my car. The car needed a stereo, and obviously I know this is nothing fancy.

Anyway, sometimes the sound works, and sometimes it does not. I get in the car one day, turn on the car, and there is no sound. It is not going in and out, so I am confident its not a wiring problem or lose wire. NONE of the speakers have sound. Then later on that day, or maybe the next day, I turn on the car, and the sound and ALL speakers work fine. No rhyme or reason as to why. It does this whether I am playing a CD, have an IPOD plugged in, or just have it on the radio.

It has been doing it pretty much since installation. When it has no sound, it still shows it tuned into a radio station, or the Ipod working, and it even shows the sound lights showing the sound....but theres NO SOUND.

Any clue as to what the problem is, what I can do to fix it, etc? Please let me know. Thank you so much for your help and time.

check and re-check the wiring... and check if u have mute wire connected, some wiring harness come with that and if your car does not use that funcion and u connect the wire it can kill the sound for no reason

Wiring seems fine. And if it was a mute wire, it would be mute constantly. It comes on and goes off for no apparent reason. Not in and out. More like work one day, not work the next. Or work when I start the car. Then not when I start it again later.

i supouse the speakers are the same, the wiring from the stock radio plugs from the car harness are the same, so only 1 or 2 things are diferente then the problem is in one of those

1 the radio (is new but it can be faulty)

2 the arnes adapter from radio to the stock harness plug (can be faulty or badly wired)

sometimes harnes adapter are not plug and play some times you have to mess around and change the order of some wires

mute can be triggered for some other reason and can seems random

Was wondering if maybe the headset or car had a built in amp somewhere that was going into protection mode? Just something I read about, but i have ZERO clue about anything electronic so I need ALL info to be Car Radios for Dummies kind of advice hahaha

It seems to be every time I start the car each day. Friday it didnt work. Saturday it did. I get in it this morning, no sound again. Like it seems to skip each time I start the car for the day. Ive tried to start the car and turn it off, and start it again immediately, but that doesnt work. Its super weird. Have zero clue why this happening.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.