K&N Cold Air Intake?

yeah i know that's actaully better than typical on a gas motor, or so i hear. stock gears are no more for my dakota though, at least they won't be come this next weekend;).
i am putting either 4.10s or 4.56s in my truck. still deciding. the programmer can calibrate my speedo with aftermarket gears and tires up to 38"s. some of the programmers for diesels have made over 100hp increase on the dyno. a simple exhaust system and programmer on a diesel goes a long ways. then when you put on a banks turbo in addition to the other things like a buddy of mine did on his 06 duramax crew cab, then you get crazy. on level 5 you can smoke the tires until you back off of it. probably half way through 4th gear.

The main reason that k&n's open up into the fender is to keep from ******* in hot air. The air in the fender is going to be a hell of a lot cooler and the cooler the air the more power you will gain. I do agree that for around $250 that 5 h.p. doesnt sound worth it but it depends on what you plan to get out of it. if you are going for power then you wouldnt have bought a v6 in the first place but by adding the cold air intake it will get you better gas milage. You could probably just go with a drop in and be fine tho. IMHO

The main reason that k&n's open up into the fender is to keep from ******* in hot air. The air in the fender is going to be a hell of a lot cooler and the cooler the air the more power you will gain. I do agree that for around $250 that 5 h.p. doesnt sound worth it but it depends on what you plan to get out of it. if you are going for power then you wouldnt have bought a v6 in the first place but by adding the cold air intake it will get you better gas milage. You could probably just go with a drop in and be fine tho. IMHO
they should open up from underneath really.

Yea I see what you all mean. Even tho some of you say dont get a programmer, Ill prolly get one anyways. I have heard some good things abot the programmers.

It will prolly be a while tho. Because I am getting a set of 18 " rims and a drop kit.

Then a set of racing seats and a roll pan.

THen I would get a programmer.

if you want to throw your 300 away on a programmer be my guest. on that small of an engine it won't do anything but tell you to run a higher octane gas for minimal increase in any performance, and the performance you gain won't be something you'll ever feel.

on the dual exhaust thing, it's a single exhaust as noob said unless he's got an x-pipe or dual straight pipe's coming from the block to a pair of mufflers.

if you want to throw your 300 away on a programmer be my guest. on that small of an engine it won't do anything but tell you to run a higher octane gas for minimal increase in any performance, and the performance you gain won't be something you'll ever feel.
on the dual exhaust thing, it's a single exhaust as noob said unless he's got an x-pipe or dual straight pipe's coming from the block to a pair of mufflers.
i can tune mine according to 87 or 91 octane. i have a noticeable difference when running 87, never tried it on 91. programmers do much more than make a little more power (every little bit helps by the way), they can help you stay int he power band longer and what not due to shift points, and they can help with quicker shifts, change fan turn on points, etc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.