Engine Help!!

mikel108
10+ year member

VA
Hey, This isnt audio related but i need some help from anyone who has general engine knowledge. Yesterday I took my explorer offroading. Well my dumbass underestimated the depth of a waterhole...it was about 4 truck lengths long..i got 1/4 of my nose out of the water hole..and boom. ****in thing shuts down on me..3/4 of the explere engulfed in water including the exhaust. so i fight to get the bastard started smoke and all....finally get it started and drive out. Well its definatly not driving well.at all. It died it 4WD Low so im not sure if that has anything to do with it? But whats going on is....at first i could go over 30mph with out it prety much chug-alugging and nearly dying. Now, after rotating in and out of 4wd to make sure that wasnt the problem...between 1,500-3,000 rpm , I can press the petal to the floor and noooo response other than the whole engine dying chugging noise. Theres also a slight burning smell coming from the engine bay. No smoke. just smell. Can annnyone please help me or know of anyone who can..**** im a dumbass haha. AIM me at MikeL1083 or leave a post.

My guess is either you did some internal damage to the engine by getting water in it or you could have possibly done some electrical damage. One thing you could do is check your oil and see if you have a lot of water in it. If you do then the more driving you do the worse off you are going to be. You might want to take it somewhere and get it checked out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.