JVC KW-V20BT Software Bug - Possible to escalate to a JVC developer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hutt132
10+ year member

US
I have sent the following software bug to JVC using the contact form on their website, but I have a feeling whoever manages the inbox for those requests will ignore my report.

Would anyone here happen to be in contact with a JVC representative, or know how to get this bug report seen by a JVC developer?

I would like to report a bug with the JVC KW-V20BT head unit. APP v1.6 and SYS v3.5. If possible, please allow me to be in contact with the software/firmware developers to go into further detail.
First, I would like start with my settings and what works properly. I have input in the head unit’s Settings set to AV-IN, which is needed for me to connect my iPhone 6S (iOS 10.1) to the head unit via a USB lighting cable to play music. This allows the head unit to play music from my iPhone’s music app using the iPod media selection on the main screen of the head unit. This functionally works fine, and allows me to view the song information on the head unit and skip songs from the touch screen. Home Screen: http://puu.sh/yb7Ax/c7c563d175.JPG

However, the bug occurs when I attempt to play music from an app that is not the stock iOS music app. When I attempt to play music from another app on my iPhone, the head unit screen prompts me “Do you want to exit app and switch to “iPod Source”? [Yes] [No]”, shown here: http://puu.sh/yb7CE/54afc0ae66.JPG

When I choose “Yes”, the audio on my iPhone correctly switches back to the stock iOS music app and plays music. **However, if I choose “No”, the head unit’s media selection switches to AV Off and no longer has my iPhone as the media source to play music, as shown here: http://puu.sh/yb7DD/9fd38f8fac.JPG

This faulty behavior can be demonstrated with the Spotify app on iPhone. When I plug my iPhone into the head unit, it begins to play music fine from my stock music app. But when I start to play music from the Spotify app, the “Do you want to exit app and switch to “iPod Source”?” screen pops up on the head unit. The music from the Spotify app does indeed still play through the head unit instead of the stock music app, but only if I leave the “Do you want to exit app and switch to “iPod Source”? screen up, because if I tap No, it will just switch to AV Off.

I -know- it is possible for the head unit to display song information from the Spotify app and allow control of skipping through songs via the media controls on the head unit, as it quickly shows the current information for the song playing on Spotify before the “Do you want to exit app and switch to “iPod Source”?” screen pops up.

Could the software/firmware team please look into developing a fix to prevent the head unit from switching to AV Off when “No” is tapped on the dialogue box? This will allow the head unit to continue playing music from another iPhone app, such as Spotify, using the iPod media selection on the head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.