Just Wondering if This Is a Good Build

georgeth100
10+ year member

Coos Bay
I will be buying this very soon and will this be a solid build?

Alpine MRV-F300 4-channel car amplifier - 50 watts RMS x 4

Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

Scosche Radio Wiring Harness for 1993-Up Select Subaru Power/4 Speaker Connector

Alpine SPS410 / SPS-410 / SPS-410 4 Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Single Din In-Dash CD/MP3 Receiver

Alpine SPS-610C 6-1/2" 2-Way Type-S Series Component Car Speakers

Just give me your feed back and let me know!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wouldn't run any of that... just my opinion.. replace that alpine amp with a ppi black ice 4 channel..

do a quick search here on wire and you will find ALOT better than boss... lol not a fan of pioneer decks.. speakers, well theres PLENTY of good/great options

You can't afford the Alpine type R? There's a pretty big performance difference between R and S. Also agreed about the wiring kit. Look at darvex.com for some better quality cables. I've had good luck dealing with him. Some stuff is overpriced, but there's always a good deal or two there.

You can't afford the Alpine type R? There's a pretty big performance difference between R and S. Also agreed about the wiring kit. Look at darvex.com for some better quality cables. I've had good luck dealing with him. Some stuff is overpriced, but there's always a good deal or two there.
Seems, though, that if you could step up to the Type R, you could find FAR more efficient speakers as I've always found the Type R to want a lot of power for adequate midbass, even if the install was done properly. I'd think something more along the lines of the JBL P660C and the matching coaxial would be a better bet in terms of price and performance. I will second the mention on Knu's cables being ho-hum, though, as I was able to get audible signal noise in both a set of Klarity and Krystal RCAs that completely disappeared when I changed them out with the premium Audio Technix RCA. I'll also give an honorable mention to Vampire Wire's RCAs as they've helped out several friends with noise issues, but both those and the AT run closer to 20 bucks per pair.

Seems, though, that if you could step up to the Type R, you could find FAR more efficient speakers as I've always found the Type R to want a lot of power for adequate midbass, even if the install was done properly. I'd think something more along the lines of the JBL P660C and the matching coaxial would be a better bet in terms of price and performance. I will second the mention on Knu's cables being ho-hum, though, as I was able to get audible signal noise in both a set of Klarity and Krystal RCAs that completely disappeared when I changed them out with the premium Audio Technix RCA. I'll also give an honorable mention to Vampire Wire's RCAs as they've helped out several friends with noise issues, but both those and the AT run closer to 20 bucks per pair.
Alpine wouldn't be my top choice for components/coaxials either, but I've been pretty impressed with the sound from the R's I've seen (and it goes without saying that the old X's were amazing). I too would prefer Infinity/JBL products for low power applications... my point being that the R is a big step up from the S and well worth the extra cost if you're stuck on Alpine for whatever reason.

can someone send me the link to the amp kit i need for a 800 watt 4 channel amp connecting components in the front and coaxils in the rear

to be honest, i've heard both the type R and a sony gs speaker side by side on a wall and the type R sounded muddy by comparison. For that price though better can be had and for cheaper also.

Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5" Components it'll sound a lot clearer than the type Rs.

for the wire kit i think knukonceptz only have 4 gauge Oxygen Free Copper 4 channel kits 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit correct me if i'm wrong guys i just

cant find an 8 gauge 4 channel kit from them. You might want to just grab a stinger kit instead

Also with either type R or incriminator speaker choices your going to want a bit more power than the MRV300 can offer if you want decent midbass

here are some other choices you can make around that price for more power. Precision Power i520.4 (i5204) 520W RMS 4-Channel iON Series

MB Quart OA800.4 800W Max Onyx Series Stereo Power Amplifier

Last edited by a moderator:
ok with this ampPrecision Power PPI BK 800.4 800W RMS, 4-Ch Class A/B Black Ice Car Amp

would the MB Quart PVM216 speakers be better than the type r's?
Cadence CWM6KIT 6 5" 200 Watt Component Car Speakers Aluminum Cones Silk Dome 812902007939 | eBay

for the money impossible to beat

but for 120 i would do

Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5" Components

Crescendo Audio

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

ok with this ampPrecision Power PPI BK 800.4 800W RMS, 4-Ch Class A/B Black Ice Car Amp

would the MB Quart PVM216 speakers be better than the type r's?
nice amp

Cadence CWM6KIT 6 5" 200 Watt Component Car Speakers Aluminum Cones Silk Dome 812902007939 | eBayfor the money impossible to beat

but for 120 i would do

Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5" Components

Crescendo Audio
should i be upgrading my back speakers and a big 3 upgrade?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.