just put in a L5 10

Participant count
  • Participant list

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
well i got a L5 10" up for sale, and me and my uncle hooked it up in my truck, just to let others hear it, so if they want to by it. And let me tell you, it has some killer bass, it my little pickup. were running it off of a 1250watt power acoustic amp, and this thing is awesome. Do yall think that whenever i install my 2 12" kicker comps, that i will be louder, i hope so, if not, i might just keep it.

the box that we've made for the comps, covers my hole back wall, and is about 4-7inches deep, so weve got the right air space.

that's what i was hopin
yuh plus the comps will have more cone area but im tellin u 2 comps and 1 l5 are like the same i mean i could barely tell a difference

But yuh the comps are louder if u put the pair on around 500rms (thats the most i would push to the pair)

well i mean, i'm already in the middle of a custom box and all, so if you think it will sound as loud then i'll go with the comps. but this L5 10 hits all of the bass highs and lows, hit hit lows where like my 15 type r wouldn't, (surprised me) i've played the same songs on a 15 type r and 15 audiobahn, and this l5 would hit the notes that they wouldnt highs and LOWS

well i mean, i'm already in the middle of a custom box and all, so if you think it will sound as loud then i'll go with the comps. but this L5 10 hits all of the bass highs and lows, hit hit lows where like my 15 type r wouldn't, (surprised me) i've played the same songs on a 15 type r and 15 audiobahn, and this l5 would hit the notes that they wouldnt highs and LOWS
it could've been the box the l5 was in
neway the Type r would be the loudest out of all of them but im sure u dont have room for it.....so the comps is the next best thing that u can fit

funny thing, i just got rid of a 15 type r, but there wouldnt be any good ways to mount that thing and have sufficient air space. i did hook up some kind of audiobahn 15 (500 watts) up to my amp, and that thing was killing it. i think a type r would be almost too loud in such a small truck. i'm not entering any competitions or nothing, this is just for my daily use, i just want to be pretty loud and proud.

i would go wiht the new kicker cvts or kicker cvr's.. i have heard both in a single cab truck and there both decently loud with right box and right power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.