Just pulled the trigger!!

Ya they are, like only a month old or so. I'm just surprised, 8" subs are usually a hot thing and i figured with the DD name behind these someone would have jumped on them sooner than I. Whoever they are we aren't hearing from them. At this point the mystery is exciting and it will be neat being one of the firsts to get a review out.

Ya they are, like only a month old or so. I'm just surprised, 8" subs are usually a hot thing and i figured with the DD name behind these someone would have jumped on them sooner than I. Whoever they are we aren't hearing from them. At this point the mystery is exciting and it will be neat being one of the firsts to get a review out.
I'm a DD Dealer and I have been playing around w/ the RedLine 608's for awhile.

Here is a little install a did about 3 weeks ago w/ 2 RL608's on a DD M80 in a 2000 Ext Cab chevy...they don't need alot of power to get loud.

The 608's are some potent little guys. I have abused the hell out of them in testing.

They are kinda picky for box design...tend to unload due to small piston size, but if done right these little guys are amazing. SSF is needed!!!

We are doing 4 DD RL608's in NickV's caddy on an M2b as a demo system pretty soon.

Sweet deal, thanks for that Canaan. I'm not 100% on the final dimension of my box yet due to it being custom fabbed in shop. It's not going to be much over 1.5cu if not a little under. Sounds like it will be closer to 35hz than 33. You think the 600w from that arc audio amp will be enough for these guys? Either way can't wait!!

Sweet deal, thanks for that Canaan. I'm not 100% on the final dimension of my box yet due to it being custom fabbed in shop. It's not going to be much over 1.5cu if not a little under. Sounds like it will be closer to 35hz than 33. You think the 600w from that arc audio amp will be enough for these guys? Either way can't wait!!

600wrms is fine for the DD RL608's daily, but they can handle much more. Arc makes SOLID amps (I'm an ARC dealer also, plenty of hands-on time). Also..33hz tuning is a little low for the 608's, from my experience. They are great daily subs, but the insane low freq is not their cup of tea...if you know what I mean. Most of the 608's have done have been 0.6cuft-1cuft per sub tuned 36-39hz (on-paper tuning). These subs can get plenty low with plenty of output, but tuning TOO LOW will kill the higher bass output. Also, their high motor force and suspension design requires a pretty large port area to limit port noise.

If you or your shop/installer has any questions about enclosure design for these subs, just give me a call at the shop.

Our phone number is in my sig, I'll be glad to help anyway I can. We are open 9-5:30M-F, 9-3sat, central time.

I had one of the new xdi Zeff design amps in my hands in feb. Fred from arc brought it over for me to look at. Your gonna love it. And it's underrated to btw

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.