Just installed Legacy LSWR7100, Pyle PLDVD132 DVD player and Pyle PLMD-2 FM Modulator

frosales
10+ year member

Chicago
I just installed a Legacy LSWR7100 overhead monitor and a Pyle DVD player. I'm VERY happy with the monitor. I paid $220 for both of them shipped off of Ebay. The monitor was easier than I thought to install and like i said, I couldn't be happier with it. The picture is awesome and well worth the money.

The Pyle DVD player is another story. The good part is even though it says it won't play SVCDs and DVD-Rs, it does. I tried DVD+Rs, DVD-Rs, SVCDs and VCDs and they all worked. For a cheap DVD player, it's fine. The problem lied in installing the player. I have a 2 din car stereo that I replaced with a Kenwood MP3 player head unit. I figured I'd install the PYLE in the free slot right below the stereo because it's advertised as a one DIN. Don't believe it. It's much narrower than a 1 DIN and I simply dont' have the time to fabricated mounting brackets. I'm leaving for an 11 hour road trip on Thurs. morning at 5 AM. At least Pyle could have included some adapters to mount in a one din opening, but NOOOOOooo!!!! Another big time disappointment was that it uses a cigarette lighter adapter for power. I was going to splice the wires, but I just gave up and put it in the glove box with a bit of velcro to keep it in place. I tell you what though, the 3 blue lights on the PYLE looks cook as hell at night. I plan on Ebaying the PYLE later and upgrading to something that will actually mount in a one DIN opening. Anyone got any suggestions on a DVD player?

The last problem I had was with the FM Modulator. I used a Pyle PLMD-2 FM Modulator. OK ok, I know I know. Pyle of SH*T! Please keep in mind I did this on a budget and as it is I spent way more than I wanted to. With the car off the sound is crisp and clear. when you turn the car on, there is considerable WHINE! It's not too bad I guess, but it's there and it's quite annoying. I went to Circuit City yesterday to buy a different FM Modulator. They only had an Audiovox so hopefully I can get it installed tonight.

Well, thought I'd share my budget mobile video project with you all. I'd say right now I'm 100% happy with the LCD, but only about 50% happy with the DVD player. If I get the whine figured out, I'll be about 85% happy and will be 100% happy when I get a different DVD player that will mount in the one din space. Well, I hope this helps someone with a budget mobile project in mind.

I don't have a digital camera. I'll see if I can borrow one. An update to this though, the Pyle FM modulator had alternator whine. I replaced with an Audiovox unit from Circuit City and the whine is gone.

The last problem I had was with the FM Modulator... ...Please keep in mind I did this on a budget... With the car off the sound is crisp and clear. when you turn the car on, there is considerable WHINE!
Can you say alternator whine? It needs to be grounded better, that's all! Attach positive and ground straight to your battery, watch the whine sound go away.

thats funny..a kids putting in legacy equipment n you think hes got a dig. camera.....lol..i'm suprised hes got a phone...lol
bet his phone puts out more power than your boss amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ready2go.gif.6557fa3d88b9eaca9c7b8efb9cbd02ed.gif

profile you have flown past anyone in getting post counts....in like a day, but it has to do with your comebacks to remarks then actually posting info we can use...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

hey buddy..i'm sorry..i dont remember asking you anything......at least i wasnt so dum as to ask a guy with legacy if he had a dig cam....hey kid tell him you left ya dig cam in your royles royce at you fall winter retreat next to your 500acre ranch......lol

thats funny..a kids putting in legacy equipment n you think hes got a dig. camera.....lol..i'm suprised hes got a phone...lol

just joking......

1) this coming

2)from a guy

3)who claims

4)profile and boss

5)are the best ever

6)get off the library's

7)computer retard.

8)let someone who

9)needs it, use it

10)crackhead

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

1) this coming
2)from a guy

3)who claims

4)profile and boss

5)are the best ever

6)get off the library's

7)computer retard.

8)let someone who

9)needs it, use it

10)crackhead

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Profile should not be in the same sentence as boss //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/spank.gif.0d78e34d42ea8780359e903aeb6697d6.gif

And for profilepower, you sir, are a complete moron.

Profile should not be in the same sentence as boss //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/spank.gif.0d78e34d42ea8780359e903aeb6697d6.gif
And for profilepower, you sir, are a complete moron.

just quoteing some of tards previous statements. even though he keeps backtracking on everything he's ever posted.

and yep, ur right, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif on the moron part.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

i never said boss/profile amps impressed mejvc 5 1/4 , pioneer subs do impress me

1)i didn't

2)specificly state

3)boss/profile

4)amps, did i?

5)you just

6)busted yourself

7)out, retard.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

ok...i dont see anything in your system worth getting excited over....florence,ms...i've been where you are many times.......
why don't you quit bein such a dick to everyone? i see how you edited your post and put just joking after i replied to it.. maybe if you'd quit bein such an assrammer to everyone people wouldn't flame every topic you post in... so he doesn't have a digital camera? wow! maybe he spends his money on other things that are more important.. he obviously has a computer and internet... a vehicle... big deal he doesn't have a digital camera... you claim that you are older and more mature than all of us when in reality you're about as intelligent and mature as my 6 year old nephew

and just my head unit and the accessories for it alone cost more than your system... do i go around posting about it? or comparing it to other systems? no... all you ever do it post stuff like "my daddy can beat your daddy"... "my house is nicer than yours" all irrelevant elementary school comments because you lack intelligence for something useful to say

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.