Just got my first Sundown sub today, quick question...

id just play it and see if it hits correctly, and if you think its not hitting correctly return it and have another one sent out. I wouldnt put glue on it as that may cancel out warranty in case you screw up the glue job

As a Q.A supervisor I would say that they could do a better job but they probably also realize that there is nothing to be concerned about and let it go. Its probably more cosmetic that actually defective. We also have to make decisions like this at our company and sometimes let things go if it will not affect the integrity of our product. If you are that uncomfortable about it you can always contact customer service and send them an email with a pic or return it for an exchange.

Play it, see how it sounds. If it works fine and you want to fill the voids, I would use some black silicone squirted very carefully in there. Wipe it flush and you wont even notice.

Mount the woofer and if the dustcap isnt' glued down enough it'll make funny noises and you'll know pretty quickly. If it isn't effecting sound I wouldnt' worry about it. If it makes noise you can fix it youself or send it in, t hat'd be up to you. They will do a better job making it look if you send it in, but you'll be out a woofer for several days with a job you can fix in an afternoon.

I don't understand why so many people are giving him a hard time ? It's a simple question from a guy who clearly stated this is his first big sub build. Geez he didn't bash the company, asking if it's ok to use or how does he fix it. Some people who pay money for a product want it to look good along with playing proper. OP you should of just took a picture and sent it to the company. Would of cut all of the BS out.

OMG look at all those imperfections on the box. Trash it and start over.

Sure looks good sitting in the box though.
kszrs.jpg

That is no where near b-stock...there is plenty of glue underneath that dust cap. Does it affect performance at all ( create hkssing sound from dust cap)? If not, you are good to go

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Staynlean

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Staynlean
Memphis, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date