Just got my first Sundown sub today, quick question...

guess the pictures dont show it well.

return it if you are unhappy. jacob is all about customer service. But you are nitpicking now and wont be happy anyway.

Don't put superglue on the sub, it will turn white where the excess meets air. If you must, use clear CA glue that can be purchased at Parts Express.

However, as has been said, there is almost certainly more than enough glue under the cap where it is supposed to be glued. If there isn't, the worse that will happen will be that the sub will make noise and if that happens, send it back and they will replace or repair it.

Ya, I will find black glue. I know regular superglue would be noticeable.

I'm just not familiar like I said with how that dust cap meets the cone and how much contact is made between the two.

guess the pictures dont show it well.
return it if you are unhappy. jacob is all about customer service. But you are nitpicking now and wont be happy anyway.
I don't believe i'm nitpicking. Would you want to see your new Sundown sub arrive with some small defects?

I would expect that from b-stock not a-stock. Sundown makes mistakes, they should be held accountable just like any other company. If let's say c2 audio sold crap like that people would be sharing this thread to bash them.

It's not that big a deal to me either guys, I posted the pictures because we have sites like this as a source of information. Where multiple people from an array of backgrounds and professions can chime in to help.
I'm really not that concerned about it. However I just got this sub today and it was just yesterday that I found the site where we can purchase b-stock Sundown.

I am sure I will be happy with the sub but even this small imperfection that is likely cosmetic, should be sold as b-stock. I mean, that's what b-stock is right???

*Edit: This is certainly not a Sundown bashing thread whatsoever, like I said I am sure I will be more than happy with it's performance. And I will drop some glue in those spots. I'm just not familiar with how much surface area of that dust cap actually touches the cone, likely plenty that has glue on it.
it's a legitimate beef and you shouldn't be making repairs to a brand-new $200 subwoofer, the SA fanboys are just beating you up because it's not a big deal "to them". If SA put glue there then it should be all the way around and not have gaps, i don't care how you slice it "that's a factory defect" and not just merely a "slight imperfection", crooked lettering or scratches in paint is a slight imperfection, a crooked dust cap or missing glue is a factory defect..

They are condoning SA's quality control and saying "that kind of stuff is okay" when actually it's not, like you i would have expected more from a $200 subwoofer.

I don't believe i'm nitpicking. Would you want to see your new Sundown sub arrive with some small defects?
I couldnt tell you if my SA10 has a small area that glue didnt completely squeeze out from under the dustcap. I can tell you it sounds and performs exactly like i wanted

it's a legitimate beef and you shouldn't be making repairs to a brand-new $200 subwoofer, the SA fanboys are just beating you up because it's not a big deal "to them". If SA put glue there then it should be all the way around and not have gaps, i don't care how you slice it "that's a factory defect" and not just merely a "slight imperfection", crooked lettering or scratches in paint is a slight imperfection, a crooked dust cap or missing glue is a factory defect.. They are condoning SA's quality control and saying "that kind of stuff is okay" when actually it's not, like you i would have expected more from a $200 subwoofer.
Right on man thanks. I'm excited to hear it play, it's my first big "real" sub.

it's a legitimate beef and you shouldn't be making repairs to a brand-new $200 subwoofer, the SA fanboys are just beating you up because it's not a big deal "to them". If SA put glue there then it should be all the way around and not have gaps, i don't care how you slice it "that's a factory defect" and not just merely a "slight imperfection", crooked lettering or scratches in paint is a slight imperfection, a crooked dust cap or missing glue is a factory defect.. They are condoning SA's quality control and saying "that kind of stuff is okay" when actually it's not, like you i would have expected more from a $200 subwoofer.
I dont think you understand. I am willing to bet the cap is glued down completely. the little bit of glue you see around the dustcap is just excess glue seeping out when the cap is pushed down when gluing. if anything, all that extra glue that he sees would be the "imperfection" and the spots where there isnt extra glue is correct.

But go ahead and call me a fanboy. I will say the exact same thing whether its a sundown sub or a boss audio sub.

This thread is still happening? How amusing. Let me put a lid on it after having a good amount of wine. If it's aesthetically displeasing and you bought it in part to show people (nothing wrong with that), call SA customer service and see what's up. Keep in mind, you already paid and during the exchange process, you'll be subless - which costs since you already paid. If this dust cap thing presents actual performance issues, then by all means exchange/return it.

Sure looks good sitting in the box though.

kszrs.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Staynlean

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Staynlean
Memphis, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date