Just got my first Sundown sub today, quick question...

Staynlean
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
It's an sa12, around the dust cap it has visible areas where the glue is missing or not applied very good. Just wondering if I should be concerned before I install it.

rclqhg.jpg

20k5clc.jpg

You sure the factory glue isn't clear? I think the black cone just shows through it.

Either way, superglue is clear and you will see the black from the cone. It may be slightly noticible, but do people really look that closely?

wow, really. you created a thread about that? you guys are such babies. even if you called customer service they should hang up on you. this is the reason why Kicker, JL, Alpine don't have dust cap b/c clowns like you will ***** about anything.

wow, really. you created a thread about that? you guys are such babies. even if you called customer service they should hang up on you. this is the reason why Kicker, JL, Alpine don't have dust cap b/c clowns like you will ***** about anything.
When someone pays a premium for a NEW item it is expected to be in pristine NEW 100% excellent condition. Other wise it sjould be sold at a discount. Thats why stores such as ross, marshals, and outlets exist. Or Sundown b-stock in this case or whatever they call it. But yes it isnt anything major that you should worry about crazy glue will solve your problem.

I dont even know how the op caught that though thats some nit picking there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

that doesnt say the cap isnt glued, it just means there isnt excess glue in that area. When you glue down a dustcap, you dont glue down the edge, you glue down the bottom of the lip. If you are concerned about it, see if you can actually pry up the cap in that area. If not, stfu

It's not that big a deal to me either guys, I posted the pictures because we have sites like this as a source of information. Where multiple people from an array of backgrounds and professions can chime in to help.

I'm really not that concerned about it. However I just got this sub today and it was just yesterday that I found the site where we can purchase b-stock Sundown.

I am sure I will be happy with the sub but even this small imperfection that is likely cosmetic, should be sold as b-stock. I mean, that's what b-stock is right???

*Edit: This is certainly not a Sundown bashing thread whatsoever, like I said I am sure I will be more than happy with it's performance. And I will drop some glue in those spots. I'm just not familiar with how much surface area of that dust cap actually touches the cone, likely plenty that has glue on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Staynlean

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Staynlean
Memphis, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date