Just got my car back from the mechanic and my amps are not being powered

newjacksm
10+ year member

Ok, title says it all, the power is not being sent from my battery to my amps which power my subs and front speakers. I tried to check if he moved anything, they don't look touched at all.

I checked everything besides behind my deck. I checked my fuses all good. I actually have a fuse breaker.

The part the mechanic changed for me was a distributor, and I think it reset everything in my car.

any help?

I've been going to the guy for over about 4 years. I cant bring it back now he closes early on Saturdays(closes at 2) I got my car back at 1:45 today and I think he closed all day Sunday. This *****...

Every time he does work on my car he does it spot on and cost is cheap... this is the first time its kind of shotty.

So what. Im sure he would be cool about it. You say you know the guy been going to him for four years. It happens take it back to him on monday or call him. No big deal.

sounds simple enough to trace the power wire back to the battery. You say theres no poser going to the amps.. SO, did you check it with a meter?

Check power for 12V constant, and remote for switched current Seems pretty simple to troubleshoot.

Most mechanics I've come across know nothing about electronics. Taking it back to him and asking him to fix it would really do nothing. I'd say the smart thing would of been to disconnect, take the fuse out, before taking it to be serviced.

I take it you didn't install the system your self originally? I'd start with making sure the power wire had a solid connection to the battery then test power at amp via dmm or testlight. If no power I'd start replacing fuses on amps/power wire. Is there a setting on ur radio to turn sub out on? This wouldn't explain the mids andtweets tho unless rcas are slaved.

um... is the power wire still connected to your battery?
^^^He most likely disconnected your battery to do the worked needed to be done and possible could of overlooked added on power/grounds when hooking everything back up.

Check the connections and grounds. Also man if you haven't invested in a **** DMM go do it now, there about 20 bucks. If so you could check your voltage. For now your a fish out of water

Were you radio presets all cleared out or were they still there?
radio presets were all gone

^^^He most likely disconnected your battery to do the worked needed to be done and possible could of overlooked added on power/grounds when hooking everything back up.
of course it is, I did the big 3 my self its been connected just fine for over 2-3 years and I checked the grounds my self they all look fine. The power wire is connected to the battery.

get a paper clip and put one of the sides in the power terminal and one in the remote terminal. and tell me if your amp turns on. if it is, it's a problem with your remote wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

newjacksm

10+ year member
newjacksm
Long Island
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from