Just got my 12" Type R installed and have a few Q's

BWareofDWare94
10+ year member

Maryland
I recently got my 12" type R installed and added to my stock BOSE system. It is powered by an MTX 600XD and the bass is definitely alot more than I expected. When listening to music should I keep my stock headunits bass as low as it goes? And also with some songs some of the notes and lighter bass is somewhat missing in parts of some songs. Mostly rock music doesn't have the same hit that I thought it would, why would that be?

I havent turned it up quite as loud as I normally would since I am giving it a complete 24 hours for the box to dry. Also do you think I should invest in a pair of strong tweeters in the front because the guy at the shop told me he could get me a good pair for like $80. Is that good or could I get some better somewhere else?

So you're guy wants you to just ADD an 80 dollar pair of tweeters to a BOSE sound system????

If by lighter bass you mean higher bass (as in frequency) he might've crossed over your amps low pass filter a bit lower than your preference, once your box dries toy around with the LPF settings on your amplifier until you find something you like.

Thanks for the advice on messing the with amp settings.

About adding some components and power them with a 2 channel amp then I would be running 3 amps, wouldnt I need some type of electrical upgrade?

doesnt matter on the number of amps.. matters on how much power. and i doubt it.. you should be ok

if anything do the big 3

What should I do with my bass on the stock headunit? Leave it as low as possible?

What should I set the LPF at?

How come some songs that sounded like the had a lot of bass without the subs do not seem to have a comparable amount of bass when I added the subs?

Because your missing midbass - subs only play up to around 80 Hz.. It sounds like your LPF low pass filter is set too low, try it at around 70-80 Hz and see if it sounds better, do not add 80 tweeters that install guy is a fvcking retard if thats what he is trying to sell you on, get a set of PG RSD components and a nice 2 channel amp and be done with it, bose is till crap even if it costs several thousand to add to a new car it can not compare with even low end components on more watage.

Its not that he likes the BOSE so much thats just what he suggested. I wish I could find someone around MD that could help me with this kind of stuff.

If I change the headunit will that mess up the frequencies being sent to the rear deck speakers or does that not matter much since the sub is in the back providing enough bass anyways?

Do not get the PG RSD Components, they are more trouble then they're worth... at least for me and the other 80 people I've heard complaining about the tweeters which seemed to be faulty just about half of the time...

What about the image dynamics CTX65CS? Are they worth it and what would be a good amp to power those with? I really do not want to have to do any electrical upgrades and if I had to add another amp with about 200RMS would I have to? Also even if I go aftermarket on the head unit to you think it will make the sound I already have betteR?

What should I do with my bass on the stock headunit? Leave it as low as possible?
What should I set the LPF at?

How come some songs that sounded like the had a lot of bass without the subs do not seem to have a comparable amount of bass when I added the subs?
Keep the bass on the headunit at 0, or the middle. Don't put it as low as possible as this will kill midbass performance as well as upper bass performance.

What songs specifically have you noticed that have less bass now than before?

What about the image dynamics CTX65CS? Are they worth it and what would be a good amp to power those with? I really do not want to have to do any electrical upgrades and if I had to add another amp with about 200RMS would I have to? Also even if I go aftermarket on the head unit to you think it will make the sound I already have betteR?

i defintley reccomend upgrading to an aftermarket head unit..

you will notice a world of difference with the bass

Keep the bass on the headunit at 0, or the middle. Don't put it as low as possible as this will kill midbass performance as well as upper bass performance.
What songs specifically have you noticed that have less bass now than before?
My stock headunit goes all the way from -5 to +5 and it has been set at -5. As far as specific songs that I have noticed with less bass than before are songs like T.I. - Whatever You Like and Lil Scrappy - Gangsta Gangsta. But as soon I as I turn the bass control knob up to about 50% all the bass that used to be there comes and hits hard like it used to.

When I put the stock headunit to 0 I find that the bass is crazy, even with the Bass control knob at 0%. I guess its just something to get used to because I never thought 1 12" could have this much bass.

i defintley reccomend upgrading to an aftermarket head unit..
you will notice a world of difference with the bass
I think I would want an Alpine head unit because I just like their design and set up alot more. As far as my bluetooth capatiablity on my car, how would that work if I changed the headunit?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BWareofDWare94

10+ year member
BWareofDWare94
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from