Just got a ticket for "loud music"..

i just don't wang on my stuff unless for a demo or such. finally asked a local why they can give a ticket or loud music and not a harley. he told me the loud pipes on the motorcycle is a safety issue. if you can hear it, less likely of the cycle getting hit by a car. go figure.

in Ca, its 50 feet, which is fn bs. you can HEAR SOMEONE TALK 50 FEET AWAY! i got one once out in the country. i had 2 10w1s in a bandpass off a Punch 60

its bs. cost me $107. i fought it too and lost

now i keep an eye out for cops and turn it down before i get near where i want to park or in neighborhoods

Not sure how big of a town/city you live in but normally I just go to the station and request to sit down with the officer and face to face apologize (not that I'm sorry :p) and they usually rip it up. They only write those tickets around here so residents will get off their backs.

Now if it was a state/county cop it's a different story, they don't rip up ****.

Find the police station, wait 50 feet away. When cop pulls out on his bike and you can hear him, call the police and report him.

This is america! Cops can butt secs you for fun here, you are pretty screwed because any time I've ever been in this situation and tried to explain how the officer wasn't enforcing the law correctly the Judge has had a no nonsense policy and basically said pay the money. I know the laws are different in every state and even in some zones there is a strict no loud music rule. My officer said my vehicle was "rattleing and vibrating all of the vehicles around me."

I dont know about other states, but 'straight pipes' (no muffler) is illegal in Florida. Or it was when I lived there. The problem is you never know if you will run into a cop that agrees or disagrees with the particular law.

i have dual Flowmaster 40's on my bird. i got pulled once for it. he asked 'is your exhaust supposed to be that loud?'. i said 'yes sir'. lol. it was halloween night and he was really looking to see if i was drunk. which i was. but my brother was driving //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Dam dude I just realized u live pretty clOse to me lol
Where you from dude?

@ nauc I agree totally.

@ lnorton89 I've never heard of a sitdown with any of the cops, but I'm going to try to take it up in court because I learned that with most cops there is no budging.

Also, he did mention that the only reason why he was giving me it is because everyone in that neighborhood ******* about **** like that, & there was a few people outside & if he didn't do anything it would have looked bad on him.

Anyway.. my court date is on september 12th, so hopefully it goes well. I really think I'll get it thrown away, I haven't done anything else wrong I don't see why they would slam me now. Hopefully nobody will be a **** about it.

That's exactly the situation I was in when I got a ticket. I was entering a park later at night and someone else had been "bumping" a few minutes before me and when I pulled up they were writing him a ticket and flagged me in for one too. He just told us to come see the chief tomorrow and they'd drop them probably (which they did).

I wonder if it would do any good to say you were testing and preparing your gear for a competition. I mean where else would you "test" before the "big day." Throw in you thought noise violations occur after x time of day because you see loud harley riders all day but "not at night" so if they werent being pulled over then it should excuse you too, then throw in your clean record and some puppy dog eyes. Be sure to wear a suit, its essential to dress the best. I can't believe the amount of people who come to court in jeans and t shirts and raggedy *** clothes.

The whole thing is very arbitrary - the police really have the freedom to do whatever they want since it's your word vs theirs in court. If they really want to get you, they'll get you. The best defense against noise tickets is (as other people listed) using the volume knob. Be aware of your surroundings and look for cops - it's just like speeding in that respect... when you see a cop, make sure you're on good behavior.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xmakeafistx

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
xmakeafistx
Kenosha, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date