Just got a ticket for "loud music"..

you sir are wrong. I have gotten many of my friends out of their sound violation tickets here with that db meter excuse....haha my dads a cop. I should know ;D
Not going to get into a pissing match with you about it...that's the code...up to your interpretation along with the Officer's and the judge... dB meter is no where in the code nor is it anywhere in the section regarding a certain dB required to legal grounds to cite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost positive, I think 50 feet, but either way that thing says 75 feet or more, he also said "the distance of 7 cars lined up"
but either way that fine isn't nearly as bad as the one I got. Thats kind of ******** because this is my first violation.

It says I violated ordinance 23.4 (b)(i)©

???
Ahh, city ordinance. That's different. I have no idea.

And hello, Tarantula Lemur. How are you?

sup dead eye, and over here in San Mateo County our rules and regulations are slightly different with the Sheriff's Office.....no it does not state you need a db meter. But the judges here really only give the case consideration if theres one used. these cases get thrown out all the time.....

What he said ^

Yeah, My windows were down, you can hear anything from 50 feet. & how would I go about seeing the report? do I call the number provided on the ticket?

Well my defense will be that you can hear anything with the windows open, that I didn't know you weren't able to play your music at a moderate volume during the daytime. & that I honestly felt like I wasn't playing my music loud enough to disturb and disrespect the neighborhood.

I see what your saying but I think taking it to court with some sort of defense would be better than just taking it in the *** from the 150 dollar fine + i've never had a ticket in my life, I have friends that got away with so much ****, and their fines weren't even bad, I don't see why they wouldn't let me get off on something so small.

I see what your saying but I think taking it to court with some sort of defense would be better than just taking it in the *** from the 150 dollar fine + i've never had a ticket in my life, I have friends that got away with so much ****, and their fines weren't even bad, I don't see why they wouldn't let me get off on something so small.
This is just a bit of advice; don't mention that other people get away with worse things. That'll make you look extremely ignorant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xmakeafistx

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
xmakeafistx
Kenosha, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date