Just got a Pioneer CD-IU230V iPod control cable and WTF!! USB cable is so short!

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
I just received my IU230V ipod Control adapter for my Avic-F900BT DD headunit..

I was excited to open the package as I won the cable for just 29 bucks compared to $50 which is the price from most stores online..

I took the cable out and it looked like a new one.. but one thing I was like WTFFF! It was that the usb cable is so short.. now I am like how the hell am I supposed to hook my ipod up in my center console or in the glove box if it is so short??

Photo5.jpg

I am wondering if it is ok if I used a USB cable extender(adapter) so that way the cable would be able to reach to me on the center console

or what do you guys do about this??

my question is will it work fine if I added the extension?

But honestly why did Pioneer make the USB cable that small while the video cable is so long? they should have made it as long as the video cable..

I cant think of a reason why it would not work with an extension..

But I was told that this certain usb cable will allow me to play ipod on my F900BT while any other cables including the ones that comes with ipods would not work.. not sure why though..

Might be just a marketing scheme..

If any USB cable would work then I would just grab my white ipod cable and use it on my HU (and I wasted $29?)

i take it none of the people offering suggestions own an f900bt.. I will explain...

on the back of the deck there is a usb out.. it already has it its really long.. So you take that wire to where ever you want to hook up your usb/ipod then you hook up the ipod connector.. the rcas to the audio/video in. and when you want to play your ipod you hook the usb on it to the one from the h/u and thats it.. when you want to use a usb/thumbdrive w/e you use the usb slot from the h.u

doesn't the f900bt come with a usb cable already attached?

i know with my f90bt there was a usb cable hardwired i believe to the deck...and all we did was hook the white ipod cable that u use for hte pc to it.

I cant think of a reason why it would not work with an extension..
But I was told that this certain usb cable will allow me to play ipod on my F900BT while any other cables including the ones that comes with ipods would not work.. not sure why though..

Might be just a marketing scheme..

If any USB cable would work then I would just grab my white ipod cable and use it on my HU (and I wasted $29?)
and yes you did waste 29.. it specifically tells you that you coulda used it.. but idk if you can play video over the usb connection of with the ipod.. not sure on that..

i take it none of the people offering suggestions own an f900bt.. I will explain...
on the back of the deck there is a usb out.. it already has it its really long.. So you take that wire to where ever you want to hook up your usb/ipod then you hook up the ipod connector.. the rcas to the audio/video in. and when you want to play your ipod you hook the usb on it to the one from the h/u and thats it.. when you want to use a usb/thumbdrive w/e you use the usb slot from the h.u
AHH that explains!!

I dont have the headunit with me, I shipped everything to home ( I am in college) so I have not seen any of my equipment yet until I get home in about a week or two.. Gonna be sh-itload of things for me to look at when I get home (Im excited lol)

so your answer ends this thread.. Thank you very much Kyle!

and yes you did waste 29.. it specifically tells you that you coulda used it.. but idk if you can play video over the usb connection of with the ipod.. not sure on that..
That seriously ***** man.. you mean any ipod/usb cable would work?

I feel like I just shot myself in the foot! 29 bucks could have been useful for something else

well I was told that if I use the one from the computer then I wont be able to use the Ipod wheel feature on the HU.. I will only be able to play music through "USB files" on the headunit rather than the ipod interface..

not sure if this is true or not.. do you own one of those Pioneer DD headunits?

I could be wrong but I dont think you wasted your money on the cable. If i am remembering correctly, by not using the cable you would be able to control the ipod from the deck and get information on the headunits display such as artist and song, but you would not get audio. Its been a little while since i"ve worked with one of these units so dont hate on me too much if i'm wrong.

^^interesting.. While one of the guys told me before that if I dont use the cable that I just got.. the music files in ipod would come up as USB music files on the HU, The HU will read it as a hard drive, not as an ipod..

I guess I will be able to answer once I get home and get the HU installed in my vehicle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JarvisB

10+ year member
JarvisB
JarvisB
MI/DC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date