just entering the car electonix world

yea so i bought a 2003 aw1200q sub for really cheap. I had two but i decided to go a littler smaller for more trunk room. So i am now running a single 1200q in a ported box as per specs for volume. But thr amp i have really blows, I have it wired for a 2 0hm load and im curious what amp would give me the best bang for my buck. I was looking into a Audiobahn a8000v , Heres the link

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6986_Audiobahn+A8000V.html

and the rms on my sub is 700 but let me know what you guys think i want quality but cheap and effective

also i dont have a cap at all and im running 8g power supplies

Avoid audiobahn, and avoid caps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

yea i heard that before from ppl saying that its an ok brand moreless for the newbs of car stereos but i got what i got i jsut dont know what type of amp i should get and if i should run it at 4 ohm or 2 and if i do get a higher powered amp is it going to kill my battery without a cap

Check into Sundown.
Great 1500d amps for cheap.

Buy a 1/0 wiring kit also, save you from having to buy brand new wire later on.
There is no way he should even consider a 1500D. It would blow the audibahn up just sitting beside it.

Audiobahn: "Hi sexy Black amp, who are you? I am blingy and shiny and people think I sound good."

Sundown 1500D: "I am the Givither of power from the land far from audiobahnage. I fool not with false power ratings and shiny shells."

Audiobahn: *POP*

thx guys ordering 4g wire set and prolly that amp idk yet i never heard of that name so imma do some research on them unless somone has some input on it
I used to have a Octane R 15.1

Good amps.

Do rated power, at least mine did.

Tons better than audiobahn.

Eh, I hated buying a 1000w amp, then getting a 1600w hifonics amp, then getting 4 Sundowns. I hated constantly upgrading. If I could go back, I'd buy the biggest amp I could afford and turn the gains down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.