SOLD Just curious about how the classifieds here work...

Prowler573
5,000+ posts

R.I.P. Gossamer!!
I've got some surplus mobile audio that's currently doing nothing but collecting dust in a closet. I wouldn't mind liquidating the stuff if I could get a fair price for it but I'm not in a bind so I don't need to get rid of any of it.

I see comments made on various threads about having references (I assume from past experience either buying from or selling to other forum members). Am I to understand that without a reference or three that it's dang near impossible to sell here without references? And if so....how does one gather references to start out if no one will buy from someone who has none?

Just curious.....

all the suspense what are you selling?
Umm...well, I didn't mean to cause any nail biting. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

I didn't post any specifics as after looking around at what folks were buying and what other folks were trying to sell I didn't figure my ratty ole stuff would garner much interest.

But - to satisfy the curious, if there are any, I've got a set of eXcelon 10s, model KFC-Xw10dB, in a sealed box covered in gray vinyl with a silly-ass blue neon stringlight that goes around the edge of the box face. 200w each RMS, 800 peak. They been driven to the top of their output but never abused. Dunno what they might be worth as I can't see they'll be in high demand.

I have some old pix of the box which are more or less current excepting the Kenwood logo across the top has been replaced with a chrome-colored w/ a red 'X' eXcelon decal....

762e1dc6.jpg

755505a0.jpg

And I have a matched set of small 4-channel Kenwood amps.

KAC-646x

25w/channel X 4 @ 4 Ohm stereo

35w/channel X 4 @ 2 Ohm stereo

70w/channel X 2 @ 4 Ohm bridged

120Hz HP/80Hz LP filter, independent for 'A' and 'B' channels

RCA throughputs

I only have pix of one of them but they're twins..cosmetically and functionally.

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01525.jpg

Even though output-wise they're small, they're freggin' bulletproof 'lil amps. One I bought new in '97- the OEM fuse is still in it. The other I bought used from eBay maybe a year and half ago with plans for the two plus two small monoblocks in a project that never materialized. I've run it/liked it on tweeters and small mids in 4ch mode and bridged it made a set of Premier TS-E6990 6x9s sing.

I don't see these being worth much to anyone either as this level of output doesn't seem to have too much demand either but nor am I willing to just give 'em away.

I dunno, ladies and gents...would these items even have NE1 interested?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.