just bought 2 12s now i need help with amp

Oaman5

I just bought 2 american bass xfl 12s as ive read great stuff about these subs. I currently have a 4.5 in cubic feet box that i built tuned to 32-34 hz. I drive a 2001 ford f150 and im running a 130 amp alternator that i just had to replace. I need suggestions on a good amp for these subs they are 4 ohms and i will be running at 1 ohm on amp. I heard the hifonics brx 2400 amp would be good but i don't know for sure. Also what kind of electrical upgrades would i need such as batteries, etc. i have already did the big three upgrade so that's out of the way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Any suggestions would help. Also the image is of my box that i built for an idea.

Amp depends on budget and if you want new or used the hifinics is a ok amp for a budget amp. But they **** a lot of juice and not very efficient

Yes i have already done the big three and my budget is 300 dollars max :/ that's all i can really do i might can go alittle more lets just say nothing over 400 lol.

300 range look for a kicker kx2500/zx2500 both do close to 3k and safe on ur stock alt... or a vfl 120.1/150.1 would be nice and run on that stock... i dont care for the vfl hybrids like the 4480.1 id go brutus before that.. but some of the brutus/hifonics lines are POWER HUNGRY.....

300 range look for a kicker kx2500/zx2500 both do close to 3k and safe on ur stock alt... or a vfl 120.1/150.1 would be nice and run on that stock... i dont care for the vfl hybrids like the 4480.1 id go brutus before that.. but some of the brutus/hifonics lines are POWER HUNGRY.....
So with these amps i wouldn't to upgrade any electrical just keep the big three? No batteries or anything? Also what about this amp...shark shkamp2500d 2500W Slim Design Mono MOSFET Car Audio Professional Super Thin Car Truck Van Amplifier *NOW INCLUDING BASS-KNOBS!* - sharkcaraudio It looks like a good amp but would it be power hungry to?

what about American Bass VFL44801D
It's s decent

Little amp. I've got one on the wife's car she loves it just don't buy online the so called online dealers aren't authorized. So no ab warranty. You'll get an I house warranty. But most of the time it's more of a pita if you need more info on the amp hit me up

An extra battery wouldn't hurt but you will need to monitor your voltage, I ran an saz 2500 on 04 f150 stock and it didn't do too bad driving but idol wasn't good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The kicker amps you'll need to upgrade your electrical. Same as the shark or hifinocs prolly an extra battery at best and not a small one and the big3 and 0 gauge to the 4480 you'll need 0gauge and a big 3 kit for sure. But it really depends on your car to

The kicker amps you'll need to upgrade your electrical. Same as the shark or hifinocs prolly an extra battery at best and not a small one and the big3 and 0 gauge to the 4480 you'll need 0gauge and a big 3 kit for sure. But it really depends on your car to
I pmed you man.

shark imo is a step down from hifonics or the ab vfl hybrid... shark is like audiopipe...

idk i ran all those said amps stock elec. and hybrids arent bad for what they do... they just arent a real vfl... or close to it... lol

you just gotta watch ur gains, voltage read outs...

OVERKILL ON ELECTRICAL IS NEVER A BAD THING... sure you could add batts and ho alt...

and if you go ab... holler at mylows hell hook you up...

i ran the whole hybrid line ..... lol 4ch and monos...

120.1 or a 150.1 used but hard to find at $300 budget.

american bass 4480.1 is a great amp for its money.

hifonics brutus series is decent for the $ as well.

mb quart has some decent amps that will do rated .

those xfls slam hard as hell. ive got 2 of them in my closet untill i get tired of my xr series i have ill hold onto them for a while.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.