Just blew out my sub. Noob question here.

Participant count
  • Participant list

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
Just blew out my Boston Pro Series 12.5LF sub.

When I took it out of the enclosure there was smoke everywhere it smelled terrible, i'm assuming its a coil problem? How much would it cost to recoil a subwoofer generally?

Would I probably be better off buying a new one? I'm pretty broke & it ***** not having any sort of bass in your car >.

what are the settings on your amp set to? sounds like you either had the gain cranked or the bass boost cranked. if you really want to have it repaired i bet splaudio could work on it

what are the settings on your amp set to? sounds like you either had the gain cranked or the bass boost cranked. if you really want to have it repaired i bet splaudio could work on it
have any idea how much it cost? & yeah I did have both of them up about like 3/4. Pretty stupid of me. Its my first sub/amp. So I guess I live and learn, hah.

lol we all make mistakes, as long as you learn from them then that's good. in the mean time turn the bass boost all the way down just so you don't burn up your next sub lol. idk how much splaudio charges but he does amazing stuff and builds subs that last. what amp are you running?

Thank you everyone for all the help! It was a pretty great sub, I got it for free from my uncle. I was running a pretty ****** amp to it, an Almani CH-550 or something like that.

& I shall PM you SPLaudio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.