Just a quick question on how I'm wired up..

baseballfrk8998
10+ year member

I have 2 4 Ohm DVC L7's wired up in separate boxes being pushed by a 2 channel amp that is bridged and I was just wondering how I should wire them and what the final impendence is the way they are hooked up now.

Ok here is how I have them wired up now. Each speaker has each positive VC and each negative VC wired together but the speakers aren't actually wired together inside the boxes. I have a wire coming from the left positive on the amp running to the positive terminal on one box, and from the right negative on the amp running to the negative terminal on the other box. The final wire connects the empty positive on one speaker terminal to the empty negative on the other speaker terminal.

I guess my question is what kind of load am I actually pushing? I'm hoping this might be a 4 ohm load but I honestly am not sure. I hope I didn't confuse anyone with my explanations.

I understand that.. That makes perfect sense but what I was asking is what kind of load am I actually running with the way it is wired up now? That's how I was told to wire it up. Just wondering.

Bro you have a 4 ohm load the way you have them hooked is another way to do series/parallel.. I have mine the same way because I wired my subs to parallel and didn't wanna take them out to rewire for a 4 ohm load. Mine are in the same box though

A better way to wire it is take them out and run the top two +and - together with one wire(do that on both) then run a wire from the positive and negative from both boxes from the remaining coil terminals and hook the positive from both boxes to the + channel and both negatives to the - channel on the amp(the + and - channel that bridges it.)

A better way to wire it is take them out and run the top two +and - together with one wire(do that on both) then run a wire from the positive and negative from both boxes from the remaining coil terminals and hook the positive from both boxes to the + channel and both negatives to the - channel on the amp(the + and - channel that bridges it.)
I gave the guy pictures, bro. Can't get more simple than that...

Yeah but the pictures didn't show him wht e has going on now.. Which works just not what people normally do
He needs to buy a dmm. Having information spoon fed to you sucks. A man needs to figure some shit out for himself. Especially something as basic as wiring a pair of subwoofers.

He needs to buy a dmm. Having information spoon fed to you sucks. A man needs to figure some shit out for himself. Especially something as basic as wiring a pair of subwoofers.
x2

and you have it ran in series now and your amp will handle bridged so rewire it pos to pos and neg to neg.

He has it bridged. If what you mean have him bridge it by doing + from box to + to amp and - from box to - to amp on both boxs... Then it would matter what amp hr has since that would be 1 ohm and we don't know the amp

He has it bridged. If what you mean have him bridge it by doing + from box to + to amp and - from box to - to amp on both boxs... Then it would matter what amp hr has since that would be 1 ohm and we don't know the amp
yes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.