JoeSmith502 "bad seller!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the sub should not have been broken being a MINT condition sub.. But if thats the only problems then its not a huge deal.. Now then if the buyer doesn't know how to solder he should take it to a shop and get a quote and the seller should have to pay it.. OR pay return shipping plus refund all money sent including original shipping...

Simple as that.. The buyer didn't ask for a sub with a broken tinsel lead... Whether the seller sent it knowingly or not they are responsible for the product they offer until the buyer clears it..

Ok the sub should not have been broken being a MINT condition sub.. But if thats the only problems then its not a huge deal.. Now then if the buyer doesn't know how to solder he should take it to a shop and get a quote and the seller should have to pay it.. OR pay return shipping plus refund all money sent including original shipping...
Simple as that.. The buyer didn't ask for a sub with a broken tinsel lead... Whether the seller sent it knowingly or not they are responsible for the product they offer until the buyer clears it..
if the buyer is so stubborn he wants to send it back he should have to pay shipping....it is a very SIMPLE repair

if the buyer is so stubborn he wants to send it back he should have to pay shipping....it is a very SIMPLE repair
like I said if he doesn't know how to repair it he can take it to a shop and if seller doesn't want to pay for it he can pay all costs to return plus full refund

Regardless of how simple it is to fix or if it only takes 5 minutes to fix I didnt pay for that.I payed for a sub that was mint in everyway shape and form. In all honesty i have never soldered something before.I did a search on this very forum and read that the "ghetto way" would be just to solder it right were it snapped. And that it might happen again.The right way would be to take the cone off and put in a new tinsel wire.I infact took it to 3 diffrent shops and no one wanted to mess with it. I just want people to know that I payed for a mint sub and didnt recieve that.

Yes we know that man WE KNOW but were trying to tell you its a EASY FIX!!!!!. But if you must have a refund than maybe he wil give you one but you're going to be out the money its going to cost to ship it back to him.

Yes we know that man WE KNOW but were trying to tell you its a EASY FIX!!!!!. But if you must have a refund than maybe he wil give you one but you're going to be out the money its going to cost to ship it back to him.
Easy for you perhaps. He desnt want to give a refund. He gave me two options.1)have me contact ups and file a claim. which I can't do only the seller can.2)have me solder it and I guess from what he wrote send a a solder gun to do it with.Hopefully he becomes a born again christian:) and this doesnt happen to you or anyone else and he sends out a mint product to.If the shops were I lived had the knowledge to take cap off and re-tinsel id be a done deal.

soldering is so easy man, but i understand that u dont want to do it. Id just try couple more shops or maybe a muffler shop since they do welding just ask to solder it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif lol;\

Regardless of how simple it is to fix or if it only takes 5 minutes to fix I didnt pay for that.I payed for a sub that was mint in everyway shape and form. In all honesty i have never soldered something before.I did a search on this very forum and read that the "ghetto way" would be just to solder it right were it snapped. And that it might happen again.The right way would be to take the cone off and put in a new tinsel wire.I infact took it to 3 diffrent shops and no one wanted to mess with it. I just want people to know that I payed for a mint sub and didnt recieve that.

its not ghetto thats how they attach the tinsel to the coil and to the connectors

And that it might happen again
the sub might also catch on fire...probably wont happen but could //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

The right way would be to take the cone off and put in a new tinsel wire
no the right way would be to recone it...are you going to do that? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i couldnt really tell by the pics but it looked like it was broke pretty close to the cone...if its broke back towards the connectors just solder it and be done...its gonna end up costing you more to send it back...if all else fails and you solder it and it doesnt hold just get it reconed...i know you shouldnt have to do any of this since they were suppose to be mint but i think a recone and the price of shipping it back will be close to the same..

My .02,

I am the one who purchased the US Amps from Joe, haven't hooked it up yet, however packaged very good, just as described and shipped fast also. He gave me a good deal and as long as it works, well i am a happy buyer. Joe seems to be a strait forward seller to me..

Soldiering is a piece of cake and good luck with your Sub ..

i couldnt really tell by the pics but it looked like it was broke pretty close to the cone...if its broke back towards the connectors just solder it and be done...its gonna end up costing you more to send it back...if all else fails and you solder it and it doesnt hold just get it reconed...i know you shouldnt have to do any of this since they were suppose to be mint but i think a recone and the price of shipping it back will be close to the same..
I called re today. the cost of a recone is 159.38 plus shipping it there and shipping it back to me.The tinsel is snapped right in the middle.I can tell if i were to solder it in the middle were it snapped, it would happen again. Theres not much slack in the wire at all.Again the best way to do it would be to re-tinsel it. Even with the tutorial thats on here I wouldnt attempt it having never having done it before.Also ive been told if i alter the sub any claim that happens might not go in my favor.

I called re today. the cost of a recone is 159.38 plus shipping it there and shipping it back to me.The tinsel is snapped right in the middle.I can tell if i were to solder it in the middle were it snapped, it would happen again. Theres not much slack in the wire at all.Again the best way to do it would be to re-tinsel it. Even with the tutorial thats on here I wouldnt attempt it having never having done it before.Also ive been told if i alter the sub any claim that happens might not go in my favor.
Well when i suggested recone i actually meant doing it yourself or having one of the guys here do it...

IT WOULD NOT BREAK AGAIN. how can you sit there and say it will happen again when you have never done it before and just recently looked at doing it?

IT WOULD NOT BREAK AGAIN. how can you sit there and say it will happen again when you have never done it before and just recently looked at doing it?
I can barely get the two snapped wire to touch together as it is right now. If you got a piece of solder to join the two in the middle "hardened solder" can you bet your paycheck that when the sub flexes it wont happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mike lawry

10+ year member
mike lawry
oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied