JLW3 makes a pop sound.....

JLW3

I have 2 JLW3 12" subs powered by a JL Audio amp 500/1 and I am running 6 gauge wire from the amp to the battery. When I turn up the volume, the subwoofers start to pop. I can tell the speakers are not at their full potential because I heard how loud a W3 sounds. Are the subs going bad or is their something wrong with my setup? I'm thinking my wire should be upgraded from 6 to 4 gauge?

my guess is since you ran 6 guage to your 500/1 your amp is struggling for power and it is cutting out , a minimum you should have 8 guage to that amp, you are luck your car isn't on fire.

the same thing was happening with my sub

my local dealer fixed it for me in like 10 seconds tho, so i doubt it's the power issue

should prob ask him what it was //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

I installed a 500/1 JL im my girls whip, the little bastard surprised me..Great amp,any who.I remmber my dealer suggesting nothing below 4 gauge with a 80 amp fuse inline.If that dosent help you, make sure to check your ground connection for a solid connect and no more then 2 feet long (I'd recommend 1 1/2)......Good luck..

Originally posted by JLW3 I have 2 JLW3 12" subs powered by a JL Audio amp 500/1 and I am running 6 gauge wire from the amp to the battery. When I turn up the volume, the subwoofers start to pop. I can tell the speakers are not at their full potential because I heard how loud a W3 sounds. Are the subs going bad or is their something wrong with my setup? I'm thinking my wire should be upgraded from 6 to 4 gauge?
Firstly- your power wire should be sufficient; so we can look beyond that....

Where is the gain set on your amplifier?

How are the subs wired?

What is the VC configuration and impedence of each coil?

What type of enclosure and its internal volume?

Could be a few things causing this....just need a little more information first.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.