Car Rattles with Subs Heavy Bass,makes CD SKIP any feedback appreciated!

Participant count
  • Participant list

BriGuy1818

NJ
When a song played with heavy bass is on the subs hit real hard and rattle the car. Which makes the CD skip. Im positive its rattling cuz when I hold the HU in my hand the CD doesn't skip. I tried putting a sponge type material in the slot where the head unit goes (eclipse 8vpreout HEAD UNIT) to cutdown vibrations but no luck. Back to skipping. This is really frusterating when you have spents over 2g's onur system. Any help would be appreciated. Would Dynamat work any better as a material to cut down vibration then this sponge like thing I used. I know its expensive. Thanks alot Peace

With my Sony CDX - M670(NOT RECCOMENDED:nono: ), it skipped horribly. From going over a pothole, to when I played a heavy bass track, it skipped. So, I took the HU out, shoved a towel around the opening, and put the HU back in there(the towel is not visible). You tried a sponge, and that didnt work, so I dont know about the towel either. I think there is a product out there that fits around the inside of a HU and prevents skipping. I seen it somewhere, but I forget what it's called. I will look for it and let you know what it is. For now, maybe check the CD's and make sure there is no scratches on them, and the lens on the HU should be clean as well. Dynamat could help I guess, I've never tried it though. Try the towel thing(even though I'm sure it wont work). Let me know if it worked at all. Oh, and by the way, I did get rid of that CDX - M670 in a matter of a few weeks. 1

Maybe you could use sound deadener such as dynamat around the h.u. space. Don't cover up the ventilation holes on the unit though. I used to have that problem but mine was because my cd changer was too close to the subs. Maybe u could brace the radio to the car a little more sturdier. I don't know, just a few suggestions. Good luck!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes, that was the product I was talking about. It's a brace that fits around the HU and allows for ventalation but also provides you with a no skip music session.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.