JL W7 & Sedan Issue

Mp3Supply

Right now my setup is fine the way it is. But this is my problem.

I went from a 02 Celica which is a hatchback to a Sedan 05 GLI. Now i know the sound is different in a sedan vs a hatchback.

Before my w7 hit very very hard in my hatchback and keeping my amps all set the same as they were when I took them out of my old car, I don't seem to be getting nearly as much bass out. My box is built to spec for a 10" w7 based on JL recomendations in a sealed box. My subwoofer faces the rear of the trunk sitting flat on on the floor.

Though this summer i plan to re-do my whole trunk and create somthing different. I'm plannin on dropping the subwoofer in the spare tire having it face directly up in hope to get more bass in the cabin.

Note: My trunk is full dynomatted

So my question is what is the best way to get more bass into the cabin?

Should I create a encloser that will have more cubic space? not alot but more then spec?

What is your experience with subwoofer positioning?

I think i really miss my hatchback

CIMG0887.jpg

My System consits of :

Front : JL Audo XR 650cxi ran by a JL 300/2

Rear : JL Audio XR 650cxi ran by a JL 300/2

JL 10W7 ran by a JL 500/1

Eclipse CD8454

Any insight would be great?!!?

hatchback> anything.

try doing a blow through style trunk setup with the subs facing forward and sealed off from the trunk.

hmm. for the box i built in my freinds legend i have the sub angled up a little facing the trunk lid, and the armrest for the back seat has nothing in its way from letting air into the car, with about a 10" gap between the back seat and the sub box.

it gets loud enough to hurt in a sealed box.

patsw72.jpg

thats the angle. i never tried facing it stagiht up.. mainly cause the trunk of that thing is so limited.

anyways. hope that helps you.

{but thats also a 13.5}

put it in a bandpass........heres a pic of my friends clk 55 amg with one jl w7 in a bandpass box

that one 10w7 is being pushed by on memphis 1000watt amp and does 140 with music

hmm. for the box i built in my freinds legend i have the sub angled up a little facing the trunk lid, and the armrest for the back seat has nothing in its way from letting air into the car, with about a 10" gap between the back seat and the sub box.
it gets loud enough to hurt in a sealed box.

patsw72.jpg

thats the angle. i never tried facing it stagiht up.. mainly cause the trunk of that thing is so limited.

anyways. hope that helps you.

{but thats also a 13.5}

got any pics of it in daylight?

ok . .. so porting it is going to be my answer .. . sounds reasonable. . . if that fails then i will try to cut out the top part of my rear deck and leave the cover over it so that you wont be able to notice. .. but im gonna go for the ported solution. .. .

now i need to do some research. . . i know my idea is going to be clean and sexy. .. to the drawling boards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.