JL W3V3 Amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

cstek
10+ year member

I picked up a set of jl audio w3v3 4 ohm subs for 175 bux. Need a new amp because they are wired for 2 ohms (obviously) and my 750d cadence cannot power them efficiently. They sound ok.

I am looking at the JL750/1, the sundown 1500d as the 1000d I dont think would be powerful enough. JL recommends 300 RMS a piece for safe and long lasting play. I do like cadence amps as well as I have 2 in my car now. Open to any suggestions for anyone who has these subs and what amp they use to run them. Like to stay around 500 bux or less.

FYI I currently have a 140 amp alternator and a HC1400 as my main battery.

Thanks in advance

What about the older 2 ohm stable Rockford Fosgate and Kicker amplifiers if you are going used?

Something tells me that you are going to be hard pressed to find a JL Audio HD 750/1 authorized for $500.

why don't you just go to soundsolutionsaudio.com ad preorder a sundown 1200d it would be perfect for those speakers and this dealer seems to be autorised by sundown as it appears they are on the sundown website

i wouldnt go with something more then 1000rms @ 2ohms. jl subs, especially w3's are made efficiently. i would not push them to there max and then some daily, compared to these other sub manufactuars like sundown, re audio, aq, ssa, ect. its a hole diff field of subs. there nice though, i just had the same a few months ago. they sound good. they dont require a lot of power to get goin either. i would stay at 1000 max for safety. a saz-1200d should do ok. you could probably go with a 500/1 if you find a good price on one, even used. thats a powerful little amp for sure. hit up craigslist

That amp provides only 600 rms @ 2 ohms. Those subs should do fine with 400 RMS a piece from the 1500d amp. I got 600 rms for my infinities last time and it wasnt loud enough for me so this time I think I want to push a little extra headroom to make sure, and with the gains set right they should be fine. Thank you for all the input.

This website seems a little sketchy. They have no SSL encryption or security when logging in. Whats up with that?

I did a little research about this amplifier and evidently V1 was no good because they have a v2 coming out? End of November is ETA, has it come out yet? I have not found any real reviews on it yet, however based on what people are saying it seems like a very good amp based on V1 and the looks of V2. The efficiency of the amp is great, but right now I hold 13.8 volts with my current 750d cadence amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.