JL TwK 88 AND FiX 86?

Participant count
  • Participants list
This wasn't my work, it is a guy from the Chevy forum. It's the most detailed information I could find about the HU.

I have a Pioneer Avic-8200 HU which would be great but the factory unit works so well for all of its functionality. I think the 8200 has a clunky interface.

I take it I want the controller for the FiX vs. the RLC for the amp, correct?

Last edited:
Might look into a dsr-1. Cheaper option. I've heard the software can be a little buggy but a lot of people use them and like them. If you're not tweaking tune a lot might be a set it and forgot it situation
Or if you Bluetooth all your music dayton has an ever cheaper dsp. 408 with
The Bluetooth dongle and simply bypass the hu.
925 is a lot lol.

I have the Fix 82 and Twk 88 and love them. They are easy to setup and pretty easy to use. You could get away with just a Fix 86 if you don’t care to do an in depth tune.

I thought the HD900/5 was supposed to be an excellent amp. I have it in my other truck running the JL components in front with a zapco running the 10" sub, all from the Pioneer Avic-8200. I do not have a DSP. I expected it to sound better but I'm not a tuner. The zapco s#*t the bed and it's like the power comes and goes. It doesn't go out, it just goes between regular volume and then about the bass from a 6x9. It's the amp as I've checked the wiring.

I thought the HD900/5 was supposed to be an excellent amp. I have it in my other truck running the JL components in front with a zapco running the 10" sub, all from the Pioneer Avic-8200. I do not have a DSP. I expected it to sound better but I'm not a tuner. The zapco s#*t the bed and it's like the power comes and goes. It doesn't go out, it just goes between regular volume and then about the bass from a 6x9. It's the amp as I've checked the wiring.
The jl amp is a very nice. I wouldn't mind having one of their amplifiers myself they're just a little more $ than I want to spend on a amplifier.
Your install (ie speaker placement,sound treatment) is going to have a huge impact on sound quality next to a clean source signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.