JL New 13TW5

Bowel Movements.

JL is quality gear. The W7 being the best subwoofer i've ever heard. I no longer own one, but I am now forced into looking at something like the TW5. I *HIGHLY* doubt the TW5 will come even close to the output and sq of the W7.

This is one of those things that you will just never really know unless you get one. If you're happy with what you got or what your working with, keep it. This sub can not be as good as similar priced regular subs.

My 2cents. And this is even coming from someone that's going to buy the TW5.

Bowel Movements.
JL is quality gear. The W7 being the best subwoofer i've ever heard. I no longer own one, but I am now forced into looking at something like the TW5. I *HIGHLY* doubt the TW5 will come even close to the output and sq of the W7.

This is one of those things that you will just never really know unless you get one. If you're happy with what you got or what your working with, keep it. This sub can not be as good as similar priced regular subs.

My 2cents. And this is even coming from someone that's going to buy the TW5.
mine were very nice. GREAT SQ

didnt put up the #'s i hoped for but then again they are SQ woofers.

the price still hurts tho

You would rate these compared to your old sub... at what, 4 out of 10?

Would you get 2 sealed 8W7's or a single 13TW5 if you have to choose?

my subs were the 13.5 TW5's

SQ 8/10

price would be like 4/10 since there are subs out there that can sound as good for far less

technology over the other comparable subs 9/10

Would you get 2 sealed 8W7's or a single 13TW5 if you have to choose?
depends on what you want to get from them

the prices are pretty close

id say the TW5

but

the 8w7's are very nice woofers

How loud can these get? Are they really worth the money? I have a s2000 and I have no trunk space for something that gets loud. =P
i had 2 on a 1000/1v2 downfiring on a ext cab ranger

did a 138 @ 45hz

it was the cleanest 138 ive heard in a while though

if they were firing up or to the rear i would have picked up a bit but thats not to bad for downfiring at all

i had 2 on a 1000/1v2 downfiring on a ext cab rangerdid a 138 @ 45hz

it was the cleanest 138 ive heard in a while though

if they were firing up or to the rear i would have picked up a bit but thats not to bad for downfiring at all
Down firing? haha. I'm not that knowledge with audio but I know the basics.

The BM will handle 500 watts RMS, only requires a .5 ft^3 box and uses XBL^2 which means it will have less distortion and lower inductance than the JL drivers. It could be mounted in a door as a mid bass without problem as it should play up to 800Hz without a problem. All in all the SI BM>JL TW5 series.
I'm sorry but how can you claim any of that ? Box recommendations aside XBL^2 has a low inductance because of a short wrap.. but with a 7" coil and comparable power handeling the JL should definatly have the lower inductance... period...

i just bought two of these for my new tundra crewmax and they hit harder than my old alpine r 12s!

i dont know nothing on how to make sub boxes so i took it to a audio shop and they built me one but the subs were hitting so hard that they broke the box so now i have to wait because the have to fiberglass the whole box!

i just bought two of these for my new tundra crewmax and they hit harder than my old alpine r 12s!i dont know nothing on how to make sub boxes so i took it to a audio shop and they built me one but the subs were hitting so hard that they broke the box so now i have to wait because the have to fiberglass the whole box!
Do I dare ask what the box was made out of? I highly doubt that they could break 3/4 MDF in a box built correctly, if I were you I would take my business elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zierbox

10+ year member
Only The Very Best
zierbox
texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date