JL New 13TW5

ive had my balls being busted saying this but i dont care.the single i heard sounded like a decent pair of 15s

as for SQ it was very good on music. not sloppy at all

the 12s only need about .6ft3

the 13.5 is .8ft3
HOLY crap

This single shallow sub sounded like 2 decent 15s.....mannn.....thats pretty nice

Ima have to hear one now

Are they only for sealed?....id assume so cuz if ya had room for ported you could go any direction for a sub

I think I'd need to hear one before shelling out that much for a slim sub, but if it lives up to the hype I've heard so far I'd probably be willing.I'd love to have all my seats back.

Cool looking driver, but I think the Si BM is a more economical solution at.... 1/4 the cost LOL
Where can we get pics and info on this new sub? what size box and power handling?

This JL sub might be expensive but it does play in a very small box for a 13"driver and the power handling is great for a slim sub, can the Si BM top this out?

Can anyone explain to me how one slim-line 13" sub is gonna have the output of two normal 15's? Im just curious, because there are actual laws of physics involved here and all that crap.

Yes, Im the ball buster.

Where can we get pics and info on this new sub? what size box and power handling?
This JL sub might be expensive but it does play in a very small box for a 13"driver and the power handling is great for a slim sub, can the Si BM top this out?
The BM will handle 500 watts RMS, only requires a .5 ft^3 box and uses XBL^2 which means it will have less distortion and lower inductance than the JL drivers. It could be mounted in a door as a mid bass without problem as it should play up to 800Hz without a problem. All in all the SI BM>JL TW5 series.

Also the BM is 3.5" deep where the JL is 2.5" deep, but it needs around an inch of clearance in front of it, much more than the BM, so the total profile of the BM vs. the TW5 is about equal.

If we say "Anything under 3" is kind of splitting hairs", is it fair to say that anything under 4" is kinda splitting hairs? What about 5 inches?
For the people who need the smallest mounting depth possible, the 13TW5 is the better solution. Nothing wrong with the Mag, but if the goal is ultra slim....the 13TW5 has it beat.

The 13TW5 is at the price it is because the tooling and engineering behind it is not cheap. So of course the BM is going to be cheaper.

Which sounds better? Which has measurably lower distortion? I couldn't tell you, but that's not the point. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
He was comparing to the BM, not Mag //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The total profile of the BM is about equal to the TW5 along with better tech so I think the BM has the TW5 beat.

Can anyone explain to me how one slim-line 13" sub is gonna have the output of two normal 15's? Im just curious, because there are actual laws of physics involved here and all that crap.
Yes, Im the ball buster.
waiting on a call today from my friends shop he has some JL stuff being delivered today im hoping my stuff is in the shipment.

anyone close to here is more than welcome to check it out as soon as its all in.

i didnt compare them to a pair or 9515s or anything like that.

The BM will handle 500 watts RMS, only requires a .5 ft^3 box and uses XBL^2 which means it will have less distortion and lower inductance than the JL drivers. It could be mounted in a door as a mid bass without problem as it should play up to 800Hz without a problem. All in all the SI BM>JL TW5 series.
Also the BM is 3.5" deep where the JL is 2.5" deep, but it needs around an inch of clearance in front of it, much more than the BM, so the total profile of the BM vs. the TW5 is about equal.
Thats awsome... were can we get info on this subs?

waiting on a call today from my friends shop he has some JL stuff being delivered today im hoping my stuff is in the shipment. anyone close to here is more than welcome to check it out as soon as its all in.

i didnt compare them to a pair or 9515s or anything like that.
Good luck with it. I hope it works out to your expectations. Keep us posted.
(tl numbers would be sweet too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif)

I heard a 13w5. Off a Jl 500/1 v2

WOW.

This thing sound incredible for a shallow.

I thought it was a oversized 15"

Quality was amazing too.

Makes me want to get 1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zierbox

10+ year member
Only The Very Best
zierbox
texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date