JL int. setup, how does it look?

Participant count
  • Participant list

NYC-Havok
10+ year member

SI, NY
How would the JL Audio XR650-CSi Comp's in the front sound, are JL good with comp's or just with the subs?

If not, what would be the IDEAL setup for listening to house/tech music.

I know that just having subs wont do much to bring out the song, since the subs tend to focus their power on the bass lines and swallow up the kicks.

My main considerations are :

Front ->

Focal 165k2,

MB Quart QM218.61Q

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Rear ->

Let me know what the BEST midbass drivers are so I can get those Kicks that I want

Thanks tons!!

The CSi comps are great speakers for your front stage and would work fine ... if you like them, then go with them.

I personally don't like the Perfect's ... I think they need a little bit of work. The Quart's tweeter bugs me and I've yet to find something wrong with any Focal's. Take my opinion's like a grain of salt ... it's you who is listening to the music, opinions vary, and the only way to tell if you like a speaker is to listen to it. So if there is any way possible, listen to as many component set's out there possible before making your purchase. I also want to show you the CDT's, which are on sale for a good price ... $150 ... feaured near the bottom of the page here: http://thezeb.com/caraudio/CDT_Audio_Components.html . They seem hard to beat for the price. Check out the Adire Audio Koda component set - http://www.adireaudio.com .

As for rear midbass, Peerless CSX 6.5" are great ... only like $35/speaker @ http://www.partsexpress.com . Also look at the Adire Audio Koda midbass driver - link above.

- Steve

I would get some CDTs I think if I had a car to see if they would fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. They look like great speakers for the price. Any place that puts them on display to listen to that you know of?

- pe@ce

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.